05

"Seriously, how does a thirteen-year-old survive two months in an apocalypse by themselves?"
"By being badass duh, and having an amazing k-9 partner," I answered. After Glenn saved my ass, I learned he was easy to talk to. He didn't try to act like a parent toward me like Rick and wasn't a total stranger.

Glenn laughed at my answer but agreed. Apparently, before all of this, Glenn was a pizza delivery boy with sisters and immigrant parents.
"So your group, is it big?"
Glenn looked at me, "Yeah, I'd say there are a lot of us."

I just nodded at him and looked at the road, we pulled off onto a dirt road and started slowing down. I could see a few cars and an RV parked together, and in the distance what looked like a campsite. Glenn parked the car and a lot of people came running at us.
Glenn got out of the car with a huge grin on his face. Some old guy yelled at him too, "turn off the alarm."
"I don't know-how," Glenn yelled back.

Some blonde girl ran over and started getting in Glenn's face, asking about some woman named Andrea. Another guy with black hair and a gun kept yelling about him turning off the alarm.

"Yes! Yes! Everybody is fine! Well except Merle," Glenn said. I decided it was best to ask about that later, maybe he got hurt or something while on the supply run.

They're idiots. I reached over and popped the hood, then got out. I walked over and opened the hood of the car and cut a wire that turned off the alarm.
Everyone's attention went to me and Ford. I just ignored them and got my stuff out of the car. Thankfully, they didn't have time to question me before a huge truck started pulling up.
People started flooding out of the truck. The blonde girl from before ran and hugged the woman I assume is Andrea. A bunch of kids ran at some man.
Some kid who I assume is Carl got pulled away by his mother as he started crying. The woman I think is Tori-no, Kari- no, LORI. I remember them from Rick's picture. Wow, Carl is a crybaby- sorta reminded me of his father.

I looked back at the truck and saw Rick, he had spotted his son. "Carl?"
Carl looked in his father's direction and started running, "Dad!"
Rick met him halfway and hugged him while falling to his knees. Rick managed to get up and keep walking with Carl in his arms. His wife came over, and the family was reunited.

I decided to stop standing around and go look for my father and uncle's tent. It was easy to find due to all the hunting equipment and mess inside. I put down my things and got Ford's backpack off him, then walked out, only to run into someone.

"Clare"

I looked up and saw Rick, he had a huge grin on his face. "Hello, Mr. Grimes."
"You're alive... Thank god you are. I thought you were dead until Glenn told me he picked you up, I'm sorry about earlier, I should have figured out a way for all three of-" I cut rick off.
"It's fine. There was no way, and it's over now, it's in the past. Plus, Ford and I can handle our own," I explained. It was useless for Rick to apologize for earlier.
"Hey, would you mind meeting my family? They would love to meet the kid who saved my life," Rick smiled.
"I wouldn't mind, but first, where is my uncle? Glenn told me that uncle Merle and my dad are a part of this group. My uncle went on the supply run with the others."

Ricks's expression changed. He looked... Guilty. "What the hell happened, Rick."
"Clare maybe you should sit down for this," Rick placed a hand on my arm, but I shoved it away, and he quickly apologized.
"What the hell happened Rick, where is my uncle," I asked, my voice getting louder and my anger was starting to show.
Rick looked down for a second before looking at me, "He didn't come back with us."

What did he mean? Was Merle dead? Was he bit or scratched? Did he choose to stay behind?

"Why?"