11

I hate cigarettes. Now I have a good reason for hating them, and yes it's another story about my abusive dickhead of a grandfather. You see he was a major smoker, twenty-four seven he had one in hand, it didn't matter if it was inside or out he was smoking one. Now here comes the dickhead abusive part, he loved to put them out on me. Right on my back where my hair covered them, burns. He'd do it as a punishment for just doing some random kid shit.
  Now you might be thinking, how could he get away with so much shit and my pops not find out? He was an amazing lair, and to be honest, I was scared shitless of him, so I didn't tell. Once my mom was gone, no one knew what he'd do. He was an abusive asshole to my dad and uncle too, but they thought he changed his ways with his granddaughter, well he didn't.

   Now, I stood against the RV with Ford at my feet as I tried to ignore Shane, who was twenty feet away smoking. Everyone else was busy moving things into other vehicles or getting gas out of the car we were leaving behind. Jenny, Ford, and I were now stuck riding in the RV as dad rode the motorcycle.
  I turned my attention to Jenny who was getting her bags out of our old car and taking them over to the RV. Ford looked up at me and I nodded, he trotted over to the blonde and with his mouth, he took one of the bags from her. He walked alongside her as he carried the bag. I moved to the door and opened it just before they got there, then about to follow them inside.

  "Clary!"

  I stopped and turned around, now seeing crybaby Carl jogging over with something in his hand. I stepped onto the ground and looked down at him a little, crossing my arms.

  "What's up haircut," I asked as I eyed what was in his hands, It was a book.
  "Here," he said as he handed me the book, Pride and Prejudice, and Zombies. I couldn't help but scoff and smile a bit as I then looked back at him. He had this stupid smile on his face as if we didn't almost get blowup about an hour prior.
  "When Sophia and I were in the wreck room yesterday I saw this and thought you'd like it," he said cheerfully as he rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet.
  I looked at the cover and it had a proper-looking woman on it with the bottom part of her face and some of her neck gone, being able to see the bones of her jaw and neck. Her skin was pale and not rotten but was a bit like the walkers around here.

  "Thanks," I said quietly, as I looked up from the book and at him. That stupid goofy smile just grew bigger. I shook my head and turned around, beginning to climb into the RV, a smirk forming on my face as Lori began calling for Carl.
  I got in the RV and saw Jenny sitting at one of the tables with Glenn and Ford. I went and sat down in the empty chair and began to watch Glenn and Jenny play War with a set of beat-up playing cards.

   Out the window, I could see Rick and his family loading up into their car. I could hear my dad start up the bike and Dale call out for someone to come on. I could see Andrea get it before Dale and Shane. The old man got behind the wheel and started the RV.
   "Fort Benning, here we come," the man said before the vehicle starts moving.

☢︎︎☢︎︎☢︎︎

   We'd been in the RV for what seemed like forever, and the only entertainment we had been a few card games. Currently, we were playing UNO and I was winning.
   I placed down my final card and yelled, "Uno!"

  "Damn it," Glenn yelled as he held a hand full of cards, practically holding the entire deck. Jenny just laughed and smiled as she placed her cards on the table.

  I turned to Glenn and looked at his hand full of cards, "You suck at this man." "Yeah well, both of you were going against me!"
  Andrea and I just laughed at him but then heard a hand slam on the other table. We all turned and saw Shane glaring at us and cleaning his gun.
  "Keep it down," he spat.