Part 1

The gun shot sounded, the boys dove from their spots on the podium into the warm chlorine filled water. Suddenly everyone in the stands jumped up and began cheering for the Razorbacks. We were undefeated in swim meets and set city wide records. But that's not why I went to the meets, in fact if I could leave, I would, but because I'm a senior I have to "get involved". I also have to come to these events because my boyfriend, John is on the team.

He's quite tall, buff, with brown hair and green eyes. Other than his looks, he's a great guy and the captain of the swim team. We met back when his family moved into the house down the street from mine, we ended up going to the same school and being put in the same third grade class. We were friends for a while, but he asked me to be his girlfriend freshman year, we've been in a relationship ever since. We've had fights and I've even thought about breaking up with him just to have a change, but my mom decided that I wouldn't be doing that. She doesn't control my life at all, in fact she's actually super cool. She's more like a friend or a sister, but she told me to wait and if I still felt that way in a week, then I should break up with him.

By the roar of the audience I could tell the boys were on their final lap, John was leading the rest of them to the wall. He touched the wall first meaning he had won, the Razorbacks won first, second and third place. I waited for him until he was done talking to the team, after he turned around he ran to me and lifted me in a hug spinning me.

"I won !!!" He said happily,
"I know ! Congratulations, sweetie" I said, he doesn't like when I call him babe, or baby, he hates those pet names so when I called him sweetie I knew he was going to get mad.
"Don't call me that", he muttered as we started walking to the door.
"Sorry", I said under my breath awkwardly, he grabbed my hand and we walked to my car.
"Let's go out to dinner" he said happily,"to celebrate"
"Sure, where to?" I asked
"Mario's"