Part 4

It's about 4, when I change into black ripped jeans and a white striped sweater. As I pack my laptop and notebooks my phone rings, I grab my white vans slip ons, and answer the phone.

"Hello?" I say in a rush,

"Hi cutie", it was John, but he only calls me pet names when he's horny.

"Hi" I say,

"What's wrong?", he asked

"Nothing just on my way to work on a project"

"Ugh mrs. Davis' project ?? It sounds horrible, why don't you skip and come to my house tonight?", he asks slowly

"Can't. Sorry, I want to finish the project" I say, "I'll call you later, love you" I hang up before he answers because it's already 4:20 and I want to get a smoothie before going to Liam's.
~~~~~~~
As I pull In Front of Liam's apartment, I notice that it's in a nice neighborhood, kids are playing outside in the street and parents are talking to each other as they watch the kids.

I knock on Liam's door to hear someone yell "WHAT". I yelled back that it was me and he answered the door angrily.

"Welcome babe" he said flirty, his apartment was filthy, fast food bags covered the kitchen counters, a pillow and blanket lay on the couch making it look like someone has been sleeping here.

"Harry sleeps here sometimes, just push the stuff to the side" Liam said, I guess he noticed me looking.

"Oh okay, um so what should we do for the project?" I asked

"We have to create an utopian society, through an essay and draw a visual of it" he said, grabbing his laptop from what I assume is his room. When he opens his laptop, porn hub is one of the open tabs, "fucking Harry !!" He yells, starling me. He closed it before I had time to really look over.

"So I'll write the essay and you can draw?" I asked,

"Why don't we just forget about it tonight, it's only Monday", he said grabbing the tv remote,

"Let's at least get a plan of what we'll do", I offer, he sighs and rolls his eyes,

"Let's do it tomorrow night",

I take a moment to breath because he's really pissing me off now, I try to think if I'm doing anything tomorrow night, only one thing comes to mind: johns swim tournament, but I guess I can skip it.

"Yeah sure lets do it tomorrow night", I said.

Liam, who was sitting next to me on the couch, closed his laptop and put it on the table. He turned on his TV and started watching a tv show I've never seen.

"You're so pretty", he blurts out after glancing at me, he doesn't look embarrassed at all,

"Thank you", I shift, uncomfortably

"No, I didn't mean it to like scare you, I just thought you should know", he leaned back on the couch, "why is your boyfriend so uptight, like he's so annoying"

"I don't even know", Liam laughed making me smile,
~~~~~~~~~
I'm on my way to Liam's house for the second time in a week, but this time I'm missing johns tournament. He already texted me saying he's excited to see me, but I don't respond.

We've been working on the project and talking so much that I don't realize how late it is. 8:30, when I get a call from John.

John: Where are you ??
He says excitedly, sounding like he won
Me: at Liam's working on the project.
I can hear John getting angry from over the phone.
John: Why are you there ?!
Me: I told you for a project.
I step into the kitchen so Liam can't hear my drama
John: I'm coming to get you right now. You're my girlfriend not his, you should be at MY tournament.
He yelled
Me: no I shouldn't. I should be here working on our project.
I try to calm down but I can't, I feel the tears. John doesn't normally yell at me, when he yells it's scary.
John: I will meet you at your house in 20 minutes, if you're not there I will find you.

He hung up, I caught my breath and wiped the few tears that fell. I went back into the living room where Liam was typing the essay,

"What should I add to the description of-" he looked up at me and his face dropped, he got up, throwing his laptop on the coffee table, to come over to me, "what's wrong"

"Um nothing... I just need to go, johns mad that I didn't go to his tournament and he wants to see me at my house in 20 minutes" I said, embarrassed because my boyfriend rules my life.

"Don't leave" Liam said, "your boyfriend shouldn't rule your life" it was like he was reading my mind, I didn't want to leave because I like Liam even thought he puts up a tough guy shield. Underneath the shield, he's nice and caring but I haven't really gotten to see much of that side, this is actually the first time ever he's seemed concerned about me.

"I have to, he'll find out where you live and come get me, I don't want to start anything between you two" I said nervous.

"Let him try to come find you, You'll be safe here" he said as I sat down, I thought it through and agreed that it would be safer to stay here where someone could at least protect me from his violent anger.

John is normally a very non-violent guy but recently he's becoming more aggressive and I don't understand why.