Part 14

Winter formal is just around the corner so Emma and I decided to go dress shopping. We decided that if we didn't get asked we would be each other's dates.

I found my dress within the first hour at the mall but Emma just couldn't find the one. I got a white embroidered mini dress (see pic above) which I think I look amazing in. We are in the 5th store we've gone to and Emma still can't find a dress.

"I kinda want to ask Louis to prom" em said

"You should if you want to... But he's gay so you aren't gonna get any action" I said and giggled, she gave me a soft push as she smiled.

"You should ask Liam" she paused, "he would die seeing you in that dress"

"No.. I don't think he likes me"

"Are you fucking blind ?!" She asked quickly, "he really likes you !! I'm going to be honest here.." She wanted for me to nod to let her continue, "John didn't look at you the way Liam does. he looks at you like you're the best thing that's ever happened to him. I notice that he smirks after looking at you, it's cute" she smiled when she saw me blushing.

"How would I ask him though?" I asked

"I'll text Harry and ask" Emma said quickly,

"NO" she looked up from her phone with her eyes wide,"he's a Loud mouth... Ask Niall" I ran a hand over my pale face, I was so nervous but Emma just smiled and started typing out the text.

Later that day, after Emma found her dress she told me that Niall said Liam was never someone who liked school events like that. He probably would say no, but he might say yes because he apparently likes me. I thought about it for a bit and smiled, I'm going to ask him to formal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A couple days after we got our dresses, Emma and Kate came over to help me set up. We opened the side gate that leads to the backyard, we took little plastic bowls with candles in them and put them in the pool so they were floating around. I figured out where I was going to stand which is where we put a bunch of clear wrap so the concrete wouldn't stain red when we put the fake blood down. My sign said,
"Will you Vincent Van Gough with me to winter formal?". I glued a fake ear on the poster with fake blood dripping down onto the clear wrap.

I wore brown wedges, and a blue patterned romper. We were waiting for about 10 minutes when I texted Liam.

Me:
Can you come over ? I need help changing the filter in the pool
Liam:
Of course, when do you want me to come?
Me:
now would be perfect
Liam:
I'll change and be over soon
Emma set up her go pro so we could record the whole thing. I'm shaking from nerves, Kate watched for his truck and was going to signal when he got here, she signaled and I suddenly got more nervous. I could hear him open the gate and he came around the side of the house. He was looking at his phone but then looked up when I cleared my throat.

He stood emotionless, just staring at the poster like he was going to say no.. He rubbed his neck and I saw him start to smile.

"Come ere" he said and he picked me up in a hug.

"is that a yes?" I asked hugging him back, waiting for him to put me down

"I hate school events." He looked me in the eyes, "but you're just too fuckin cute to turn down" he kissed my cheek and set me down.

"I thought you were about to say no.. I was so nervous" I held up my hand to show how much I was shaking, he smiled and held my hand. Emma and Kate emerged from the house and smiled.

"So what happens ? Aren't we supposed to match or some shit like that ?" I smiled

"If you want, but my dress is white so you can get a black tie and I'll get a corsage, we can match with my corsage and your pin" I smiled again and he held his head

"Oh god" he said lowly, "I'm gonna look so stupid"

"No, you'll look great" I smiled

"No, I'm gonna look dumb in front of everyone" he said, I could tell he was really worried about it

"You won't, trust me." I said giving his hand a squeeze, he just nodded and squeezed back.