Chapter 1

A/n - I hope you like it

..

..

..

I was sitting peacefully inside a Michelin star restaurant near the River Thames. I was observing the calm river and the birds. I was not so observant few years back but my mistakes taught me the much needed lesson. I was lost in my thoughts when I heard the most melodious laughter I've heard in my entire life. I was instantly attracted to her, then I turned to see the person who has captured my heart without even showing her glimpse.

I was shocked when I noticed her face, there she was after 8 years, looking all beautiful and elegant sitting with her friends, animatedly talking about something. She looked as young as her 24 year self and here I was looking like a homeless guy; maybe they allowed me inside this Michelin star restaurant because of my costly clothes, otherwise my appearance was more like that of a drug addict.

I could see how she was enjoying with her group of girls, was she not sad after going away from me? Has she learned to live her life without me? I know I did many mistakes, but later I realized them, do I still have a chance to correct them? When I was lost in my questions, reality struck me, though I loved the melodious sound of her laughter, why was I not able to recognize it. I answered myself "because Mr. Beast Singh Oberoi, you have never heard her melodious laughter when she was in your life for 4 years"

Shivaay POV: Four long years and I cannot remember one happy moment between us. Do I really deserve her? I know I don't, but I cannot move on from her, she will always be my first and last love. When she was my wife, I never respected her but I learned from my mistakes. I can still hear the last words she spoke to me on that dreadful day "YOU WILL REGRET IT ONE DAY". Yes,Annika I'm regretting it now. I still remember my beastly behaviour with you.
..
..

Flashback starts

Annika, a beautiful girl who had dreams to travel, to study, to have a career; everything changed when her parents passed away in an accident, leaving her responsibility to her grandmother. Her grandmother tried hard, but she was not able to give her a good living. Anika had to quit her studies and join some job to fulfill their needs. She joined as cashier at a supermarket and things started to look smooth, until the storm struck her again. Her grandmother passed away after few months of her parents death, leaving her with their long term family friend, Kalyani Singh Oberoi.

Kalyani Dadi came as another support in her life. She has 3 grandsons, 2 were studying in London and the eldest one Shivaay was handling their family business in Mumbai. Kalyani Dadi, Shivaay and Anika lived at Oberoi mansion in Mumbai. Anika thought to share with Kalyani Dadi that she wants to study further and make a stable career, but the old woman beat her to expressing her own wish. She wished to see her eldest grandson Shivaay getting married to Anika because she thought they will make a good pair. Anika thought "Kalyani Dadi has never asked anything from me, how can I deny her first wish", so she gave up on her dreams and accepted her fate.

Shivaay and Anika were married for more than 3 years, she was not his choice. His Dadi thought that she will be the best life partner for her billu, but Dadi forgot that her Billu could be the worst life partner for that Angel. It was an arrange marriage of convenience, no love, just the husband wife duties. Anika took care of his home, while he was the bread winner. They consummated their marriage on the first day itself, without any feelings for each other because that's how it is supposed to happen in Indian society, right?

Shivaay's younger brother Omkara visited them for 2 month vacations. Anika for the first time found a person who was as thoughtful as her, both loved shayri and art; unlike her own husband who keeps running only after business and money. They bonded well and Omkara's 2 months vacations came to an end. He went back to London and everything was back to boring for Dadi and Anika after his departure.

Anika came to know that she was pregnant and that was the best day of her life. She thought "Finally I will have someone of my own, my own blood, my own baby". She happily waited for Shivaay to comeback from office, when he came back as usual he was in bad mood and the little smile that showed on Anika's face vanished quickly. Next day she told him about the good news and the only reply received from him was "Hmm", he left for his office after few minutes.

There were other people who were as happy as Anika after listening the good news. Rudra did a happy dance on the videocall, Omkara couldn't stop smiling and Dadi made herself busy in warding off the evil eyes from her darling grand daughter in law.

Days passed, months passed Shivaay was mostly distant, the only thing that kept him interested in Anika till the seventh month of pregnancy was sex because the doctors said, it was safe to have physical relations till beginning of Third trimester.
..

..

One dreadful day

Shivaay was talking to a highly drunk Omkara on video call.

Omkara wiped his tears for the hundredth time " Bhayi main kaise sambhalu apne ko aisi situation mein?" (Bro, how should I handle myself in such situation?)

Shivaay shook his head, his brother is behaving as if his world is about to get over but he is not ready to share the problem. He again asked him patiently  but Om repeated the same words "Bhayi mujhse bahut badi galti ho gayi" (Brother, I have commited a grave mistake)

Shivaay facepalmed, he was hoping to learn more than this part of the story, he looked at him sternly "Rona band karo Om aur batao Kya galti ho gayi?" (Om stopy crying and tell me your mistake)

Om sniffled once again and finally he gathered some courage to tell him the truth "Bhayi some months back I got intimate with a girl, Today I came to know that she is pregnant with my child. I love her Bhai, but I don't know why she is misunderstanding me, she thinks I have used her for pleasure."

Shivaay cursed his younger brother, he was crying like a kid for some random girl but he consoled him "Om aise ro kar koi fayda nahi, acha tum mujhe uska naam batao, hum log use samjhane jayenge, zarurat padi toh Dadi bhi jayengi" (Om, now there is no point in crying, tell me her name. We will make her understand, if needed Grandma will also talk to her)

Om grinned from ear to ear and he blew a flying kiss for his awesome brother "You are the best bhayiiiii."

Om was about to faint when he muttered "Umm... What's her name? Let me think..umm oh yeah her name is" he paused for few seconds and said "Anika" and then he immediately passed out due to high alcohol consumption.

..

..

..

Precap: So what do you think, happened here?

..

..

..