Prolouge

I watched as a baby chameleon climbed into the window. I poked Rapunzel and she turned to it. A white viper raised up, ready to bite the chameleon. 

The baby was too late and was bitten. Rapunzel whacked the viper with a pan. I grabbed it. "Wither and decay, end this destiny, break these earthly chains, and set the spirit free, the spirit free," I sang, I dropped the dead viper out the window, frowning.

 Rapunzel picked up the baby chameleon. "Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine, make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine, heal what has been hurt, change the fate's design, save what has been lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine," Rapunzel sang.

 The baby chameleon woke up and hid behind a leaf. "Don't be scared," Rapunzel said. I looked around. I picked up a purple button on the floor. I handed it to him. He grabbed it and changed the color of his scales to match it. Rapunzel and I giggled. "Why don't we be friends? It's just me and my brother here, Mother almost never comes around," Rapunzel said sadly. The chameleon squealed and climbed over Rapunzel. She giggled and picked him up. 

"I'll call you Pascal! We can be best friends," Rapunzel said. I smiled as Mother came in. Rapunzel put Pascal outside. "Rapunzel, can you sing to me? I feel tired," She told Rapunzel. She nodded, sitting down in a chair. Mother brushed Rapunzel's hair as she sang, "flower gleam and glow, let your power shine, make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt, change the fate's design, save what has been lost, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine. Why can't we go outside?" Rapunzel asked Mother as she finished singing.

 "The outside world is a dangerous place. Filled with horrible, selfish people. You both must stay here, where you're safe. Do you understand, flowers?" Mother told her. "Yes mommy," We both said.