Chapter Eight

(WoF fans look for a referance lol)

I sighed as I read a book in my room. Rapunzel looked up at her paintings. Her eyes widened. She burst out of the room. I followed her. "I'm the lost princess..." She mumbled. "Please speak up Rapunzel, you know how i hate the mumbling," Mother said. "I'm the lost princess, aren't I?" She said, louder. Mother looked shocked.

 "Did I mumble, Mother? Or should I even call you that?" Rapunzel growled. "Rapunzel do you even hear yourself? Why would you ask such a ridiculous question?" Mother said. "It was you! IT WAS ALL YOU!' Rapunzel yelled. 

"Everything I did was to you, Rapunzel." Mother said. "We our lives. Hiding from who would use us for our power." Rapunzel growled "Rapunzel!" Mother snarled. "I have been hiding. From you." Rapunzel continued. "Where will you two go? They won't be there for you," Mother said, smirking. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO THEM?!" I yelled. "Those criminals are to be hanged for their crimes," Mother said. "NO!" I shouted. 

"Now, it's alright, everything is how it should be," Mother said. "NO! You were wrong about the world! You were wrong about us! AND I'LL NEVER LET YOU USE US AGAIN!" Rapunzel shouted. "You want me to be the bad guy? Fine. Now I'm the bad guy," Mother said. She tied us up and chained us to the floor and covered our mouths. 

"Rapunzel let down your hair!" I heard Eugene yell. Mother grabbed Rapunzel's hair and threw it down. ___ and Eugene climbed up. "Oh Varian, I thought I was never going to see-" you were cut off as you saw me. I tried to yell for you but it was muffled. "Now look what you've done, you two, but don't worry, our secret will die with them." Mother said as she tied you and Eugene up.

She stabbed them. I yelled. "As for us? Well, we're going somewhere no one will ever find you again," Mother growled, dragging us away. We fought and I grunted. "Really you two, STOP FIGHTING ME!" Mother yelled. 

I was able to move the bind off my mouth. "NO! I won't stop. For of the rest of my life I will fight. I will stop trying to get away from you. But, if you let Rapunzel save them... We will go with you." I said. "No, Varian please..." ___ said, then grunted in pain. "I'm sorry," I whispered. "We'll run, we'll never try to escape. Just let me heal them. And you, Varian, and I will be together. Forever, just like you want. Everything will be the way it was. I promise. Just like you want. Just let me heal them." Rapunzel said. 

"Fine," Mother said, releasing Rapunzel. She ran over to Eugene. "Me too," I growled at Mother. She scoffed and let me go. 

I ran to you. I put my forehead on yours. "I'm so sorry," I said. you put your hand on my cheek. "It's okay," you whispered. "Don't let her do this," you said softly. "But if she doesn't then you'll die," I said, tears streaming down my face. "I'm sorry," you said. 

You grabbed a piece of glass next to you and cut Rapunzel's hair. 

"NOOO! No...NO! What have you done? WHAT DONE! No, no, no, NOOO!" Mother yelled as she fell out the window. I heard her coat thud on the ground. I looked back at ___. 

Your eyes were closed. 

"NO! No no no! ___ please, please stay with me," I said. You opened your eyes and sighed weakly. "I love you," You said, then your eyes closed. "NO!" I yelled. I started crying.

  Since my song is the opposite of Rapunzel's, maybe i can bring her back! I thought desperately. I grabbed your pale hand and put it on my hair. 

"Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine, make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine, heal what has been hurt....." I stopped singing because I was crying too much to continue.

 "Save what has been lost, bring back what once was mine," I sobbed and dropped your hand. 

I closed my eyes and put my head on yours. "Don't cry Varian, I'm back...." ___ said weakly. I looked at you, gasping.

 I laughed happily and hugged you. You chuckled and hugged me.

 I looked over at Rapunzel and Eugene and they were kissing. I chuckled and looked at ___. "Well, looks like it's time for our kiss," I said sheepishly. 

You smiled and nodded. You pulled me into you and our lips touched. 

We pulled away and you smiled. "That...was...amazing..." you said breathlessly. I chuckled and smiled. "Are you sure you're okay?" I said, looking you over. 

You laughed. "I'm fine, I promise," You said. I smiled and kissed you again. you blushed and smiled. We all climbed down the tower and headed to Corona. 

We showed Rapunzel to her parents and they hugged, Eugene joining them. 

"And here is your son, Varian," ___ said, pushing me forward.

 The king and queen shook their heads. "He's not our son, we have no other child, but we have a friend who lost a son that looked like him, he's inside the palace," The king said. I smiled and you grabbed my hand and dragged me inside. 

I saw a man walking down the hallway. He turned to us. "Son?" He asked. "Dad?!" I exclaimed. He ran to me and we hugged. 

"Oh son! I knew you'd come back to me. I knew you were out there, trying to find your way back. I never stopped searching for you," He said. I smiled.

 "Dad, this is, uh, ___," I said, gesturing to you. "His girlfriend," you finished, smiling at me.

 Dad nodded, "I'm glad you found someone," He said. 

"Where's mom?" I asked. Dad shut his eyes. "She died not long after you were taken from me." He said. "Oh...." I said, looking down. 

"At least you don't need to worry about another evil mother am-I-right?" You said, elbowing me. I laughed. ___ came up to me and grabbed my hand. I turned to face you and we kissed again. We laid our heads on each other. I sighed and ___ laughed.