Chapter Two

I flopped, bored on my bed. I heard two people climbing up the tower. I dragged Rapunzel by the window and she grabbed her pan. "Alone at last," the man sighed.

 Rapunzel knocked them both out. She started to push them into the closet and finally got them in. "Okay, okay, We've got a person in the closet. We've got a in the closet. We've got a in our closet! Too weak to ourself out there, huh Mother? Well, Tell that to my pan here." She said then she whacked herself in the forehead with the pan. 

I facepalmed.

 "RAPUNZEL! Let down your hair!" I heard Mother say. "One moment Mother!" Rapunzel answered as she let down her hair to Mother. "I have a big surprise!" Mother said. "Uh, we do too," Rapunzel said, glancing at the closet. "Oh! I bet my surprise is bigger!" Mother said. "I sincerely doubt it!" Rapunzel said. "I found parsnips! I can make hazelnut soup for dinner! Your favorites! Surprise!" Mother said. I smiled. "Well mother, there's something we want to tell you." I said. "Oh you two, you know I hate leaving you a fight. Especially when I've done absolutely wrong." Mother said.

 I frowned. 

"Okay, We've been thinking a lot about what you said earlier," Rapunzel said. "I hope you're not still talking about the stars," Mother scoffed. "Floating lights, yes, I'm leading up to that," Rapunzel said. 

"Because I really thought I dropped the issue, sweetheart," Mother said. "No Mother, I'm just saying, you we're not enough to out there." Rapunzel said. "Oh darlings, I know you're not strong enough to handle yourselves out there," Mother said.

 I frowned. "But if you just-" I started. "Both of you, we're done talking about this!" Mother said. "But trust me, I-" Rapunzel started. "Rapunzel," Mother said. 

"Oh , come on," Rapuznel said as she walked over to the closet and put her hand on the handle. "You have no life, Rapunzel and Varian. You are not this tower, EVER!" Mother yelled. I flinched and backed up, nearly falling on my bed. Rapunzel took her hand off the handle 

"Oh, great. Now I'm the bad guy." Mother said, pinching the bridge of her nose and sitting down in a chair. "All I was going to say, Mother, is that.....I know what I want for my birthday," Rapunzel said. "I do too," I said softly. "And what is that?" Mother asked. "New paint, That made from the you once me." Rapunzel said. "And some new books," I said.

 "Well, that's a very long trip, you two, almost three days' time" Mother said, getting up. "I just thought it would be a better idea than the stars...." Rapunzel said. She began packing Mothers food and bags. "You sure you'll be okay on your own?" Mother asked. "I know we're safe as long as we're here," I said. "I'll be back in three days' time," Mother said. "I love you very much dears," Mother told us. "We love you more," We said. "I love you most," Mother said as she climbed down Rapunzel's hair.