Chapter 9 "Dalton Peterson & Bradley Wright"

Flashback

"You know... There are a lot of things I hate. A lot of people I hate. Up there are people who beg for their lives." You took your knife from your waistband.

"Fight me. Run away. But beg? I hate that."

He stood up, and you were right in front of his desk

"Goodbye Hank."

You moved your head slightly to the right and a bullet would go whizzing by your ear and go through Hank's forehead

With a smile, you turned to the shooter.

"Cutting it a bit close there."

"Well, you can survive while missing a little bit of your ear." They spoke.

"Is this your way of showing me you care, Kendall?"

"Hardy-fuckin-har, eh?"

"On a different note. What are you even doing here?"

"Oh, well, I noticed what this numpty was doing and decided I'd just shoot him and be done with it."

"Without my go ahead?"

"Oh, dearie~" Kendall spoke, walking towards you, holstering her guns.

She came over and placed her left hand on your chest and leaned into you. You'd wrap your right hand around her hip and pull her close, your faces nearing.

"Yah know, there is a very slight chance I might've kissed you if it weren't for the dead numpty over there." She said, pulling away.

"Ah, cock blocking me, even in the afterlife."

"Guess the bampot is."

"Bampot? What does that even mean?"

Kendall shrugged. Guess she wasn't telling you.

"I'll clean this guy up."

"I know you will." Kendall said before walking to leave.

You could've shot back at her, but you'd let her have this one, considering you had a body to clean up.

So, you just scoffed at yourself.

That much is kinda Kendall in a nutshell sometimes.

Flashback End

Heading back up to your office, you'd click a button under your desk and behind you the huge painting on the wall would open slide upward to reveal your wall of weapons.

Just in case.

You'd take your silenced pistol and conceal it before closing the panel and allowing the paining to slide down.

Stepping into the room, you'd open a drawer and take a knife and conceal it.

Looking down at your phone, you'd confirm the address Leah sent you.

Leaving you'd get into your car and head towards the address.

In your car, you had prepared zip ties and tape as a gag, because why not?

Upon arrival, you parked in a secluded spot before stepping out of the car.

Taking out your phone, you'd look at the floor plan Leah sent you.

Nodding to yourself, you'd walk around the house and see an open window.

The bathroom window was open, and there was a smell that was all too familiar to you.

The smell of cigarettes.

Pushing the window open, you'd crawl through the window.

Upon silently opening the door, you saw that the living room light was still on.