Chapter Ten: Elemental Flight and Sense

Everyone stared at Sanda in awe as he used his element's supporting ability on Agni once again, and Kazane as well to prove it wasn't just because of his and Agni's similar elements. "Are you sure you really only just told him the basics behind the skill and he instantly got it..?" Jinny looked on with suspicion in her eyes.

"Yeah, that's all I told him..." Hanako whined, still upset that she won't get a chance to properly teach Sanda anything.

"C-Come on, don't be upset, I didn't do it on purpose..." Sanda giggled nervously, scratching the back of his head.

"Well, you didn't do it on accident. I'm still surprised myself. No one's ever learned any of the elemental skills that quickly." Agni stated as he started doing various housework around the room they were in.

"This is unfair, I wanna be able to teach him something!" Hanako huffed, crossing her arms.

"As mature as Hanako is, when things don't go her way, she can be a lot like Kazane." Akari giggled, patting Hanako's head.

"Hey!" Kazane pouted.

"She's not wrong." Agni stated bluntly.

"Alright, we shouldn't think of this as a bad thing by any means. This means that Sanda can immediately move onto the next step of his training. The sooner he gets stronger, the better, yes?" Akari clapped her hands.

"That means it's my turn!" Kazane grinned brightly and hopped up, grabbing Sanda's arm. "Come on, back outside we go!"

"O-Okay, you don't need to pull me though..!" Sanda grumbled as he was dragged along.

Hanako frowned, sighing softly. "I still wish I could teach him something that would be of more use to him. Yes, our supporting elemental ability is important, but at the same time, that doesn't help him at all..."

"Don't worry Hanako, I have something that I want to teach him myself. And I think you can help me out. This is something I've yet to teach even Daichi. I feel you're the one who will have the highest capability of learning this technique." Akari held out her hand, Hanako looking confused, but taking her hand and standing up. "Well, are you willing to learn it?" She smiled.

Hanako paused, but smiled in return. "Of course I am, Akari."

Once Kazane and Sanda made it outside, Kazane released him from her grasp and took a few steps away from him. "Can you guess what I'm going to be teaching you? I'm curious to see how good your intuition is!" Kazane grinned once more.

Sanda took a moment to ponder the thought. "Let's see...what would Kazane, the wielder of the wind element, be best at doing with that element..?" After thinking about it, Sanda answered aloud. "Well, when I think about what you'd be best at, it would probably be flight and detection right? I mean, there's wind all around us; you can easily use it to detect people from far away and carry yourself through the sky."

Kazane stared at Sanda, a bit dumbfounded. "Man, Agni wasn't kidding when he said 'increased instinct' was he? You're just full of surprises today Sandy!" Kazane laughed.

"What?! You're going to be teaching me how to fly?!" Sanda looked on in shock. "Is that even something I can do with my lightning element..?!"

"Not only that, but detection as well. I'll admit, you're probably gonna wanna start off by being in your elemental state to get a better hang of these techniques. However, the end goal is to get you to be able to do them without being in that state!" Kazane stated as a matter of factly. "Start off by watching me, and then try to copy!" Kazane grinned as she entered her elemental state.

In her elemental state, Kazane's hair naturally stood up on its own, and though it was hard to see, there was a faint swirl of wind around every inch of her body. What was much more noticeable however was the green, feathery wings made of wind on her back. "Woah..." Sanda stared at Kazane in slight awe. "Her elemental state is beautiful... She almost looks like an angel..."