Summary

Daniel Cain, the preppy kid who plays football and goes to parties and could have any chick he wants, is an island of calm, cool rationality. Dan is stable. Dan is polite. Dan is funny, charming, and going places.

Caro Cain, the identical twin of a preppy kid who plays football and goes to parties and could have anyone he wants, is a living, breathing, fucking disaster. He's a crybaby. Mama's boy. Terrified of everything from the dark to thunderstorms, to the fact that the bedroom door doesn't lock.

Caro is basically invisible. No friends. No Extracurricular activities. Doesn't do anything but go to school, get average grades, and go home to hide in the quiet parts of the house so he can read. He finds far off corners, sections of the attic, when he was younger he sometimes sat underneath the kitchen table, just to be alone.

It's unfathomable how such different people could be related. But they're spitting images of each other. Indistinguishable duplicates. Even their parents can't tell them apart. Because Caro wears the same sort of clothes that Dan does. Same eyes, same nose, same glossy mullet, slightly different voice.

Sometimes, it keeps Dan up at night. The fact that his looks alone aren't enough to prevent him from being a social pariah. But then again, people aren't mean to Caro. Maybe they would be if Dan weren't so high on the food chain. They just kinda ignore him. Don't gossip about him, or tease him. Is that worse than being a target? Being utterly unworthy of attention?

Dan isn't sure.

***************************
NOTES:

A good author once said

"I won't tell you whether it has a happy ending or a tragic ending.
Because, first of all every story becomes boring when the ending is spoiled.
Second of all, not telling you will make you more engaged in this story.
Lastly, and I know it sounds like an excuse, but neither you nor I nor anyone can ever really know whether a story is happy or tragic."
- Almonds (Son Won-Pyung)

Please enjoy