Chapter 10

TW: fighting and blood 

Yurim and Unhei were out shopping, looking at baby stuff, and things for themselves. 

"Have you told Chan yet?" Unhei asks as they sit down from ordering food. 

"No, I haven't," Yurim sighed. "I don't know how to tell him. Besides, he's busy, and I'm not sure if he is ready for kids." 

"Still uneasy about the death of your boss?" Unhei asked. 

Yurim nodded. It was unsettling. Thankfully she was declared innocent, but she still couldn't shake off the feeling that Mr. Lee died after she quit. 

"Hey, don't stress," Unhei grabbed her hand and held it, "it's not good for you or the baby." 

"I'll try," Yurim took a deep breath. "I am worried about Chan too." 

"Yurim, you need to talk to him," Unhei rubbed her hand more. "If you don't tell him, he'll eventually find out. You already said you wanted to keep the baby." 

"I know, but what if he doesn't want the baby?" Yurim sighed, trying to relax. 

"Then just move in with me," Unhei states bluntly. "If he doesn't want to accept the fact that you're carrying the baby, leave him." 

"I'll try," Yurim said softly. 

"Good," Unhei softly smiled. "Trying is good." 

The two girls finally got their food and drinks, and chatted away as they ate. 

Little did they know, Chan had sent someone to keep an eye on them. 

Jisung kept at a distance, following them. He hoped no one noticed. But he also noticed that someone else was following the girls too. He was suspicious, keeping notes in his phone. 

"Thanks for taking me out today," Yurim said. "It was nice to get a change of pace. And it has been a while we got to hangout." 

"It has," Unhei stretched her arms. "I really enjoyed it." 

Jisung continued to watched them as they walked and talked at the park, then finally, the girls went to Yurim's and Chan's home. He did notice the guy was still following them. He grit his teeth, feeling like the man didn't have any good intentions. He decided to follow him. 

Jisung lowered his arura flow so he wouldn't be tracked or found by the man. He continued to follow the man, analyzing him. 

He looks strangely familiar... Jisung thought to himself. He saw the man turn into an alley way. This can't be good... but I'm doing it for Chan and fiancé... he followed the man, still keeping his mask on. 

"So, looks like I was being followed," the man chuckled darkly. "I almost couldn't feel your arura since you kept it hidden." Jisung looked up and saw the man sitting by the metal stairs. His face too, was hidden. "We can do this the easy way, or the hard way." The man took out a knife, pointing it to Jisung. "Who are you? And who do you work for?" 

"I was just about to ask the same thing," Jisung said, as he made a protection bubble field around them and the alleyway. "Why were you following those girls?" 

"Oh, so little boy wants to fight?" the man taunted, ignoring Jisung's question. "I don't have time for kids like you." 

Jisung grabbed the dumpster by him and launched it to the man. He knew he had to be careful. He didn't know the man's ability or attributes yet. Jisung would have to take things slowly and carefully. 

Just then, the metal dumpster flew right back at him. His eyes widened as he blocked it. Thankfully he reacted in time. 

"Ah, I see, you're a speed type," the man rolled his eyes and scoffed. "That's not even a special type." The man took park of the metal railing, and formed it into something sharp. "I should make this quick. As much as I love to make my opponents suffer, I have other things to do." 

Jisung grit his teeth. This fight wasn't gonna be easy. He was stuck with someone with a metal ability, and was surrounded by metal as well. He glanced around his surroundings quickly to get a better lay of the battle area. 

There wasn't much he could do, he didn't have enough space. All he could do now was to use his full speed. A shade of purple flowed around him, and he began to run at full speed at the man, punching him. He hope he was too fast for the man to keep up. 

Jisung would get a few punches in before moving back, then punching again. 

But right as he went in for another hit, the man jabbed him in the side. Jisung groaned and stumbled, but kept his balance. 

"I'm surprised, you caught me off guard," the man chuckled, spitting blood out. "But I was able to read your tactic. But I don't have time for this." The man launched the sharp metal at Jisung, making it form into smaller pieces. Jisung was able to dodge a few of them, others cutting open his skin, but them the dumpster came for him with jagged edges. It was too much for him, it was overwhelming. He was bleeding. But he needed to get to Chan and tell him what was happening. He wouldn't know what would happen if he got caught by the man. Jisung shut his eyes, and vibrated, if he moved as fast as light or sound, he could win. 

The man's eyes widened as he saw Jisung disappear. "Crap.." He looked around, holding his weapon, waiting to strike. 

Just then, Jisung reappeared and hit the man in the face as hard as he could. The man flew to the end of the alleyway, his back hitting the wall. 

The man groaned and coughed up blood. "What the... I never seen anyone with speed do that." 

Jisung staggered over to him. He used too much of his power and was at his limit. He felt like he was gonna break apart. "Now tell me, who do you work for!" 

The man coughed, chuckling. "Not even over my dead body." The man raised up his weapon, and was about to strike him, but lightning came out and struck the man, and the metal he held onto. 

The man let out a scream of pain, and passed out. 

Jisung turned to see who it was, and it was a girl whose face was covered up. 

"You should be careful next time," she said, "especially with a fighting ground where your enemy can use anything around him. Your protection shield could use a lot of work too, I could easily break it and use mine." 

"Who are you?" Jisung eyed the lady, getting closer. "What do you want? Which group do you belong to?" 

"Nobody important," she shrugged. "And you don't need to worry where I'm from... Just worry about the man following the girl, J.One. Or should I say, Han Jisung?" 

Jisung's eyes widened. How did she know his name? In an instinct, he tried to attack her, trying to get answers, but in a blink of an eye, she disappeared, lightning traces still there. 

With lightning like that, she could even be as fast as me... he thought to himself as he went back to grab the man. Hopefully, he thought she wouldn't be too much trouble. 

Jisung made the barrier disappear, and with his full speed, went back to Chan. 

So it's been a while, hi- 

I hoped you enjoyed it- sorry for being gone for a while