Chapter 1

It was late night, and Yurim was walking home. Chan hated when she do that. Since the world they live in is very dangerous. And walking alone at night is basically asking for a death wish.

She promised she never do it again, but here she was, walking alone late at night. Chan was going to be furious.

Yurim walked past a jewelry store, when it blew up an went into flames. The impact sent her flying onto the road. Yurim hissed at the pain. 

"Come on that's all we need!" a voice yells.

"Come rookie, let's go!" another voice follows, "come on!"

"Coming!" a young voice says. A masked man spots Yurim and the life drains from her face.

He walks up to her as she scoots away. "Go home little girl before we change our mind of sparing you." Yurim got up and ran, limping home.

"Why did you let her go Changbin?" the younger one asked. "She might call the cops on us."

"Cause the boss would want her alive Jeongin," Changbin looks at him. "Go get Felix, pretty sure he's done burning the building." Jeongin nods, and runs to the building. "Ugh, she's not supposed to be out this time, Chan's not gonna be happy."

Yurim makes it home, holding onto her hurt arm. She heads to the bathroom and cleans her leg and arm. 

"Chan's gonna kill me," she mutters to herself. 

When Yurim finishes cleaning herself, she puts on sweats to hide the wounds she got from the explosion. Yurim goes to the kitchen and warms up some left overs and turns on the TV, waiting for Chan to come back from work.

The door unlocks and Chan enters, extremely tired. Yurim sets her dinner on the sofa and gives Chan a hug.

"Rough day?" she asks.

"Were you out late again?" he asks. "And don't lie, I saw you limp." 

Yurim looks down and nods. "Sorry Chan. I know I promised, but my boss is giving me overtime this week."

Chan clenched his jaw. "Why?"

"He said he wants to give me a better position," she starts, "and he said that his door was open for me."

"That idiot," he growls. "Can't he see that you're already taken?" I'll kill him... Chan thought to himself. "So how did you hurt yourself? You know how much I hate for you to get hurt."

"There was a small explosion at the jewelry shop," Yurim says. "And I flew across the street." Chan's eyes widen.

"Are you ok?" he asks, rubbing her shoulders.

"I'm better now," Yurim says.

"Baby..." Chan says. "I want you to quit your job." He walks over to the couch and sets Yurim on his lap.

"And what do I do?" she asks. "Do I just stay home and do nothing?"

"I rather have you stay safe here," he says nuzzling his face into her neck.

"But Chan, I get bored," she shivers at his hot breath on her neck. "I get so much done at home to the point it gets boring. So when I work, I have something else to do. And I could also help and pitch in."

Chan's eyes widen a bit, "but you don't need to. My job helps pay for everything we have. You don't need a job. I want you to have a comfortable life." Chan brings Yurim closer, holding her tightly. "I'll take tomorrow off and spend time with you."

"Ok," Yurim softly smiles. "I'll call in sick tomorrow." Chan smiles and kisses Yurim softly, making it slow, but very passionate. 

"I love you," Chan smiles.