Chapter 26

Parsel= serpent

Letter content= very few

Dragon language= dragon

Spells= obliviate

Memories= 'memory'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well," said Professor Flitwick, "As you know, we've been looking at charms to change appearance in order to hide, but there's a specific one that allows you to hide information, a place," he stopped and looked at the class, not noticing that three people tensed extremely, "Can anyone tell me what charm I'm talking about?"

Three hands shot up, for the first time, Hermione wasn't among them, surprising everyone, but it was just that she was frozen in place as were her friends.

"Yes, Mr. Lupin." The professor relinquished the floor.

"The Fidelius Charm, Professor." He said confidently, Reynald wanted to laugh at the fucking irony.

"Correct, five points for Gryffindor."

"The irony," Reynald muttered under his breath, trying to get Harrison's attention, James and Sirius were right behind them, only making the situation more fucked up.

Lily noticed Hermione's tension as well, she had gone white as wax and her hands had clenched into fists on the desk.

Harrison was trembling slightly, his right hand itching to grab the wand and torture the traitor, he was now more than aware that he was at his parents' side and that the bloody rat was already planning to betray them.

"Can someone tell me the properties of this charm?" he looked at everyone and the raised hands of who raised earlier, Lily, Remus and Anna; but Harrison's blank stare caught his attention, he was distracted, "Mr. Drakonis-Slytherin please."

A poke in the rib and Leviathan's hiss was enough for him to respond in an absent, automatic, vacant voice.

"The Fidelius Charm is a highly complex enchantment, allowing a piece of information to be extracted and planted in the mind of a being, who becomes known as the 'Secret Keeper'. Its very purpose is to hide a specific location by rendering it invisible, intangible, untraceable and soundless. You can know the location from before, but it will be impossible for you to see it again, you cannot stumble upon it or find it even if you are standing right in front of it, only the location will be revealed to you by the Keeper directly, either verbally or in writing, not being able to get the information out of the secondaries for anything in the world, though the Imperio and Crucio can bend the will of the Keeper, using veritaserum it is even possible; when the Keeper dies there are two options, related to what he wanted before, to either release the location of the place or keep the secret with only the people he revealed the location to."

"You seem to know a lot about the enchantment," the professor commented and Reynald really wished he would shut up, Hermione paled more while Harry only tensed more, "What other piece of information can you tell us?"

"It can be broken when there is a violation to the specific location, an attack, a loud explosion, the enchantment would take it as a glitch and release the location," he paused for a moment, "It is also forbidden for the Guardian to live in the location you wish to hide, only entering a few times to reinforce the enchantment, but never staying longer than necessary, which is stupid."

"Why?"

"Because betrayals happen." He spat angrily and with rage, Reynald had to put his hand on his leg, squeezing it in a comforting and admonishing gesture.

"And that's why it's important that the keeper of the secret is a trustworthy person." He said, oblivious to the fact that his pupil was practically growling in place.