Chapter 40

Parsel= serpent

Letter content= very few

Dragon language= dragon

Spells= obliviate

Memories= 'memory'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was over the moon. His mind was going a hundred miles per hour instead of focusing on his way towards the Great Hall. He was lucky he had muscle memory of the path he was supposed to follow.

He arrived hurriedly to the place where his friends were under the watchful eye of the new ones. Reynald especially was squinting at him and he couldn't hide his happy and, why not admit it, arrogant smile.

He'd had a moment with Harrison that felt like taking more than a hundred steps in the relationship-not-relationship. Nothing was going to take that happiness away from him, not even the thought that the damned one who was looking murderously at him had an advantage of years of friendship and trust with the same guy he wanted for himself.

Though that didn't stop him from looking daringly at him.

Of course the other boy didn't stay behind and immediately hit his friend who was the sister, fuck that idiot and his closeness with both twins. Hermione only took a few seconds to understand that they were having a staring match and it didn't take her long to raise a questioning brow at him while he sat.

"Where were you, Black?" She asked casually, but her face showed that she knew where he was. Also that he had to thread carefully at this moment, she had already accepted calling him by his name.

"I didn't know I wasn't allowed to be where I wanted to." He commented while James kicked him under the table, followed by Remus. It was hard to contain his pained grimace.

"Don't play fool, Black," Reynald spat, he didn't stop squinting at him, "I hope you knew how to behave."

"It seems like you know what I was doing." He smirked while he raised his cup. It was impossible for them to know, he still couldn't believe what had happened.

"You were with my brother," Hermione frowned and he could swear her brown eyes darkened to a black hue, "Don't you dare deny it or give a smartass reply." She ordered and Sirius felt the need to please her just to be on good terms with his potential sister-in-law. Moony wouldn' leave him alone if he didn't.

"Guilty." He accepted with a smile.

"Tell for the love of Merlin that you didn't make him angry." She half asked-half threatened.

"I didn't do anything," he defended himself, erasing his smile. The last thing he needed was to make his friends mad and have them leave him on his own, and if he read their faces correctly, if he had messed up again, he'd pay, "We talked in a civilised manner and there wasn't even sarcasm."

"It's hard to believe that." He heard Reynald say through gritted teeth, but Hermione was quick to silence him.

"I'm sorry, Sirius," it seemed like it pained her to apologise, "But you have to admit that you don't have a clean record with my brother."

It's not like he wanted to have a clean record either, but he didn't say that out loud.

"I apologised, Hermione," he accepted and he could feel the impressed stares of the other people at the table, not that he cared, "I said what I wanted to say that day, and I can assure you that I didn't do anything bad against your brother."

"I'm more calmed," she confessed, "I'm sorry for not being wary," her expression told him that she wasn't really and that she'd keep being wary, "But I didn't want my brother to go with something to worry about to a place where he will encounter your father."