•PROLOGUE•

The windy day at San Diego didn't stop the plans of Vice Admiral Cyclone; he still wanted to go around and see every single plane they had prepared for the practices and, later on, for the actual mission.
Rear Admiral Warlock was fighting against the wind that insisted on blowing the other direction, which made him held the papers more firmly, making sure none would fly away.
He read the crucial points about each of them. Every single person being handpicked to be trained to a special mission, a mission that even the best of the best could fail.
Warlock squeezed his eyes, cursing the weather at the same time, as he read the initials AM. You could think it was about morning time, but as he opened the file to see the full name you could swear he saw a problem. A person in the form of problem.

— Another Mitchel? — the Rear Admiral asked as his eyes thrilled the whole paper on his hand as fast as possible, trying to maintain it.
— You think he's like his father? — the Vice Admiral asked, not as bored as expected, looking to the big gate that locked one of the F/A-18s.
— She.
— I'm sorry? — he seemed confused with the sudden correction.
— She, it's a girl. He had a daughter — now both of them were staring at the ridiculously big gate. — And considering her files, I have no doubt she's like the father.

•••••

A/N: This is my first time posting a fanfiction (in english) which will, probably, flop. But anyways, I hope you enjoy this. Sorry for any mistakes and bad grammar, first of all I'm not fluent; and second: don't know anything about Navy, everything I got here came from the movie or Google.

*I highly recommend you to read this while listening to some Top Gun playlist — by fans or original soundtrack.*