CHAPTER 3: ONE DAY IN YOUR LIFE.

- There's no way you just came back to the dorms after leaving the pub – Natasha said as we brushed our tooth, her mouth full of foam – I saw you getting away with Coyote.

I looked at her for a moment. I may not remember ever single detail of the previous night, but I'm sure I was sober enough to avoid doing something stupid or that I would regret later.

- We just walked on the beach, that's all. – I guaranteed.

- I'm not buying it. But since you're saying, all right. Just be careful and... I don't know, don't be confused?

What? I thought as she left me behind, coming back to our shared room.

The new room looked pretty much the same as my previous one, the only difference was that now I had just half of the space and didn't bring all of the photos I had there. Still I brought my favorites with me: the ones with my dad, with Bradley, and the only one I had of my mom and my grandma together.

I went back right after Natasha, we still had half an hour or so to be ready and meet everyone else. It didn't take much for me to put my clothes on and make my hair look as perfect as possible – since we should look presentable; and also I didn't mind wearing any makeup, not even a lip tint 'cause it was never my kind of thing.

As usual I took a look at the pictures before leaving the room – again –, going after Natasha who was waiting for me.

- Alright, I said I wouldn't say anything anymore, but I really think Coyote has a crush on you – She stated as we started to walk in silence for too long.

- He really has a crush on you? – Bradley popped out of nowhere, joining the conversation.

- What? No! I mean, I don't think so? He's just a good friend, that's all.

- You two aren't even friends.

- Plus, the way he talks with you is different. – Natasha completed with a grin.

I rolled my eyes, laughing at them.

- Keep an eye on him and you'll see what I'm seeing, I'm telling you.

- Noted. – Bradley answered, giving us space to pass through the door before him. What a gentleman.

- You all are freaks!

We were the first ones to arrive at the hangar; we met Bob along the way, and he was, for sure, a morning person, the kind to contemplate the sing of birds, the sunrise and all of that. The smile on his face never left; I have no idea how he could be in such a good mood so early in the morning, still there he was.

Phoenix sat beside him while me and Rooster sat side by side across the corridor. The other pilots arrived not so after, everybody taking their own seats, sitting together or just by themselves. It was really silent since the ones talking were whispering to each other, especially because Vice Admiral Cyclone was already there, and by his side was Rear Admiral Warlock with some papers in hand.

- Have any idea of who's gonna teach us? – Rooster asked me.

- I mean, we are the best out there. Must be the best of the best. – I shrugged.

- I'm already here, and no, I won't teach anything to anyone – Hangman answered out loud as he turned to face us.

I took a deep breath, trying my best not to give him an inappropriate answer. I just smiled, nodding like you do with a kid when they're talking about how amazing the tooth fairy is to give them a coin in exchange of their teeth.