CHAPTER 2: THE CLUB.

All of the 8 new recruiters of the Top Gun program were already at the club, they all had been there before, so they were not even a bit bothered with the ambient. They all were talking – just like every person on the place –, teasing as much as possible just to make the mood lighter – this is credit totally in the name of Hangman and Coyote –, or just drinking something and enjoying the hot yet comfortable air inside the pub.

Suddenly, Penny rang the bell above her head, which meant some dude was about to pay a roll of drinks to every single person inside the place, this due to de fact that: a) he disrespected a lady; b) disrespected the Navy; or c) leaved his phone on the balcony. Thing is that was one of those lucky nights for the people there, I mean, who doesn't want a drink for free?!

For a lot of them this was the perfect opportunity to finally get a drink – or to get another one. Jake "Hangman" Seresin took the chance to pick something up for him and his closer friend, Javi "Coyote" Machado; which the man gladly agreed since all he wanted was to keep playing billiard, not wanting to move a muscle from the area.

After ordering the drinks, thanking the "man of the money" in a mocking way, and picking up the beers, the blonde was about to come back when he saw someone that almost made him choke with his own saliva. Just there, entering the bar at the same time as a couple of people, were the one and only Annalise "Banshee" Mitchell.

Hangman would never admit how he thought she was pretty since, from the first day of them at the same academy, she was as much reckless as her father. Everyone knew about the Mitchell's reputation in the Navy; her dad almost didn't get to enter because of his own father, and this, as everyone heard, was what made her 2 years later on her career. At least that's what everyone thought.

Everybody around could say that Hangman and Banshee hated each other. He thought he was the best, while she thought she was so good to the point that there was nothing she couldn't do. Both of them were right and wrong at the same time. It's obvious that they had potential, a huge potential; but it's also obvious that they thought too much of themselves, putting their abilities and target above anything and anyone else. This could be dangerous.

But how could she catch his eyes every time she entered a room? Just for having him rolling his eyes slightly one second before putting a sarcastically grin on his face. This was the mystery that, to be honest, he didn't want to solve, not purposely. The only thing he wanted was to prove how he could do better than her, and be the leader of every mission he was in.

On the other hand, all Annalise wanted was to show to people that she had even more abilities than her father; she didn't really care for the rules on training, she knew damn well about the real world through the eyes of her dad. He had never hidden anything from her, not even about the terrible story that took place the death of his best friend.

Half of it, actually, was Pete's way to scare her of this life. He knew more than anyone how dangerous the Navy missions could be; how you could be successful in one of them, or even lost someone in a simple yet unknown training day. And more than anything, Pete worried that she would be just like him, not caring about anything at all, doing whatever she thought would be good or make she be who she was.

After a moment contemplating his rival's image – her black wavy hair falling above her shoulders, the aviator's glasses and the sarcastic yet confident grin he knew since forever - Hangman shook his head, heading back to where his friend was waiting.

- What took you so long? – Coyote asked.

- That – Hangman pointed with his chin in the direction of the brunet woman that was getting closer to the billiard table.