03.1

[act three; chapter one     -     a slapping reunion]

Everyday was the same. The same routines, the same people, the same dreaded feelings and the aching hole in her heart that never got filled.

Andromeda Storm was so paralysingly tired that she moved through her days like a ghost. It felt kind of like it had when the tree at Camp HalfBlood was poisoned—Thalia's tree, which consequently meant she, too, was poisoned—when all she felt was her exhaustion and her numb emotions. Back then she had someone in her life who always managed to keep her centred and to keep her sane, but now he was gone. That person was gone, and she couldn't breathe.

Dom could feel her swollen eyelid, no doubt black and blue—courtesy of Andy and her usual initiation of fights in school or at camp. Her amethyst eyes zeroed in on the stars that were stuck to her ceiling. Back when they were kids, she and Donnie always had them on their ceiling. It made her feel safer having them there. Sure it seemed irrational and downright pointless, but it provided a sense of comfort to her.

Sitting up in her bed—the one she didn't remember even getting the night before—the redhead looked around her room with a heavy sigh. Her eyes landed on the tall mirror in the corner of her jewel toned room, a figure so much like her own staring back at her, except this person was different. This person's eyes were darker than her own, not in the colourful sense, but because of the weight of the things they had seen. Her skin was the same tone and so was her hair, but this person also carried herself differently. Her shoulders weren't squared back like Dom's were, and neither was her back. This girl's shoulders dropped forward slightly and her back was almost never straight (it was a rare thing, but always a sight for sore eyes). This girl also had a slight twist to her lips, a wicked grin that showed she didn't have a care in the world, yet she did. She cared more than she wanted people to know, and that was her downfall. Well, as of late anyway.