Emily's Birthday

English it's not my native language, sorry for any grammar mistake.

This is the first part of my collection of one-shoots. Every week I will post one , maybe it could be one of your requests.

- x - x - x

Part1/2

It has been 79 days, 79 days since Ali was gone. 79 days since the last time Emily smiled.

Lose your best friend it's hard, but lose your first love it's simply devastating and that's the best way to describe how Emily Fields has been feeling lately.

Ali was the glue who keep those 4 girls together, so once She was gone, their friendship just started to fall apart. First Aria who moved to Europe just a couple of days after that day; Then Hanna, who found in Mona the friend that she had always needed and Spencer...well, she just focused in school to not deal with Ali's disappearance.

She has been waking up in tears every single night since the week before, when she gone to police station, to bring the lunch to her mom and She heard two police talking about Ali's case. She had never thought about the possibility that Ali was dead, until that day.

She always think that eventually, Alison would come back and She could apologize to her for what she said in that letter.

But today it's not like an ordinary day, Today it's the first, Emily's birthday ...without Ali, and Even if it started like one of those days, Emily could never imagine how different it would be.

She woke up at 5:45 am and 15 minutes later she was on her way to school.She has no practice today, but she need to dive into the pool and forget all thoughts that torment her lately.

At 6:20 comes to school and walks to her locker to leave her books, but when she comes, something surprised her. Every year Ali puts yellow balloons and huge 'Happy Birthday' poster in Emily's locker for her birthday. So when Emily saw the balloons and the poster, the tears just come to her eyes.

She open her locker and something fell out. Emily look at the letter in the ground and immediately recognizes the handwritten. 

She took the letter of the ground and start to read it.

Dear Emily:

It has been a long time since the last time I wrote you a letter but for now it's the only way I can wish you a very happy birthday. I know you 

have a lot of questions and I will solve all of them.

Meet me in the kissing rock at 22 p.m.

love

Ali.

PS: I hope you like your first gift.

Emily looked confused, at least until she saw a black box in her locker. She took the box and when she opened it, she found a silver necklace, a beautiful a mermaid. She grab the necklace carefully and then she saw the inscription in the back.

''You will always be my mermaid''