Chapter 1

KAMMERRON ROSE MONROE'S POV
If you ever seen one of the girls that ever been caught at the library or the book store reading a book from a stack of a hundred that had been picked out, that was me and my best friend, Kona. We were on our school's swim team, straight A students, and we had never not turned in a price of homework. My dad, before he joined the police force, had been a cook at one of the fancy restaurants in our city. The he had joined the police force and was now a homicide inspector. His partner was Callie Carters. Since my dad was rarely at home, there was Briar James. She was almost like my step in mom for me and my younger thirteen-year-old brother Austin, but not. Kona's mother was a cook for a expensive restaurant downtown. Her father was a lieutenant in one of the districts near our school. It was nice knowing that you had a cop as dad because then you knew that he would do the exact same thing as the dad in Taken, even if that was impossible.
It was a Friday morning. I didn't have swim practice. I got dressed in my uniform. Plaid skirt, white converse, black socks, gym shorts, blouse, and a navy blue sweater. My long caramel brown curled hair was in a high ponytail. My round Caribbean blue glasses were over my dark celestial blue eyes. I slipped on my navy blue and white stripped beach backpack, grabbed two pieces of toast, and ran out the door with Austin, greeting Kona. I heard another door slam and glanced over my shoulder. Ashton Vacara, my next door neighbor, glanced at me. His eyes meet my eyes. I quickly looked away and heard a THUD! Kona, Austin, and I glanced behind us to see Ashton on the ground. He must've fell. We start giggling uncontrollably, with Austin giving us blank looks, and ran for the bus which had stopped at the top of the block. Ashton was a sophomore like us, but he went to a different high school than Kona and I, except every single girl in the city new about him. He had somehow managed to bring home a new girl every week. After the one night stand, he dumped her. The girl's soul would be crush and she went insane. It was the same sad story every week. Dating a guy like Ashton was probably a miracle. You just never expected it to happen and it seemed like a fantasy. You had some managed to get this totally hot guy to like you and now you all of a suddenly cool, until the one night stand was over. Besides, getting pregnant seemed extremely rare and well, those girls learned the hard way. A pregnancy might teach you a few things. Like watch who you date, to know what people want, or to always make sure you have protection. I'll admit he is good looking, but that's just about it. I really didn't want to be related to him in any way. I wanted nothing to do with him. Nothing. The fact that girls were falling all over themselves for him, made him seem even more full of himself. He was, trust me, but once you caught his eye, it was all over. He would win you over. Subdue you as if you were some sort of prey or something. Everybody at my school knew about him and had a crush on him. Everyone, but Kona and I.
My classes went by fast. At lunch, Kona and I sat down across from each other at one of the benches. Our friend, Serenity, sat down next to me.
"Hey, Serenity, guess what?" I smirked. She eyed me.
"What?" She replied slowly and cautiously.
"I saw Ashton today," I tried not to laugh.
"Really?! What happened?!"
"He tripped and fell face first,"
"OHMYGOD! Is he alright?"
"Relax, he's fine! Although, we started laughing like weirdos," I murmured. Serenity gave us a hurt look.
"You guys!" She protested. Kona and I started giggling. The rest of the day went by quick. The bell rang and I bolted out of the classroom and out to the street. That when I noticed something completely strange. Ashton was parked right near the entrance of my school. My was school was an all-girls school. No boys. Ashton lived right next door to me and went to Appleton High. I could tell he was watching me. As I kept walking to the bus, when Ashton got out of his car and slowly made his way toward me. I started walking at a faster pace. He must have sensed I was creeped out, because he retreated back to his car. When I got home, he was leaning against his car and gave me a brilliant smile. At one of the bus stops, Austin joined us on the way home.
"Look! It's my favorite creepy stalker, wassup?! Any more girls gone insane?" I asked smirking as I unlocked my front door.
"Kadence. Kadence. Kadence." he mused. I raised an eyebrow.
"What's up with saying my name three times?" I taunted.
"How about we talk about over dinner. I'll pick you up at eight," Ashton suggested. I gave him a sympathetic smile.
"How about you pick me up...never," I countered. Ashton laughed. Austin rolled his eyes and started to walk past the door.
"What, scared?"
"No, I'm just using my wisdom,"
"What wisdom?" Austin snickered and leaned his back toward me so I could smack the back of it. He gave me a hurt look and rubbed it. I raised my eyebrow at him and he stuck his tongue out at me. I did the same. He glared at me and trudged back in the house.
"C'mon, what would you rather do, homework or me,"
"ASHTON!" I scolded him.
"What, just answer the question!" Ashton shrugged his shoulders. I rolled my eyes.
"Homework, because it can't get it me pregnant," and with that I closed the door behind me. Leaning against the door, I could hear myself breathing heavily.
"Kadence, you're gonna fall for me one way or another!" I heard him call out. No, I thought. I was not going to be another broken heart from millions. I was not going to be another conquest, another trophy, I was not going to wind up pregnant. But then I realized, every girl that had tried to resist Ashton had failed. I was next. If he was really falling for me, he was going to have to earn everything. He was going to earn my trust and my respect, because right now, he was as low as the deepest part of the ocean.

Authors note
Please comment if you see any grammar mistakes(spelling, capitalization, punctuation, leaving words out,anything). Thanks!