Chapter Nine

"All cats old enough to leap gather to hear my words!" Falconstar yowled from the top of the Tallrock.

Fadepaw perked her ears and glanced at Arcticwind, who padded out of the medicine den knowingly. Fadepaw padded after her quickly before silently whispering into her mentors ear.

"Is this about the meeting?"

Arcticwind flicked her tail in annoyance before hissing under her breath.

"Quiet yourself. And what do you think?"

The two medicine cats sat at the back of the crowd gathered beneath the rock.

"I will be traveling to the moon stone with Arcticwind and Fadepaw under certain circumstances." Falconstar meowed loudly.

The group of cats murmured to each other worriedly at their leaders words.

"There is nothing to be concerned about." Falconstar yowled over the hushed voices.

"But for...safety reasons, I will be taking some warriors with me."

Silverleaf, a silver colored she-cat, stepped forward, gazing up at her leader.

"Is this the same sort of meeting you had with all of the leaders after the battle between dark and light?" The she-cat asked.

Falconstar gazed around worriedly before slowly nodding.

"Yes. Its just a humble meeting discussing-

"The prophecy?" Aspenberry asked, stepping beside Silverleaf.

Falconstar huffed as murmurs began to rise from the crowd once again.

"Enough!" He yowled. "Quietwave, Waspclaw, you'll be coming with me."

Fadepaw glanced at the two warriors as they stood up knowingly, before padding over to the rock. Breezepaw and Featherpaw glanced at each other confusedly.

They couldn't make this look even more suspicious, could they? Fadepaw thought sarcastically.

"Ivyclaw will be watching over the camp while we're gone." Falconstar continued. "Clan dismissed." He finished as he jumped down from the rock, nodding to Ivyclaw.

"Lets go." Arcticwind meowed to Fadepaw, padding forward sightlessly.
Fadepaw followed her mentor as Falconstar lead the group of cats out of the camp.
~
The moon was almost at its highest by the time the group reached the middle of the moor. Quietwave and Waspclaw padded beside Falconstar silently, while the two medicine cats walked a few paw steps behind.

"Are we meeting the other leaders and medicine cats at the moon stone?" Fadepaw asked.

Arcticwind nodded silently, gazing ahead intently.

"Do you even know what the meeting is about?" Fadepaw murmured. She knew a meeting was planned to occur a quarter moon after the chosen ones apprentice ceremonies, but that was it.

"Stop asking questions, how bout that?" Her mentor answered grouchily.

Fadepaw sighed and padded silently. The trek was making her remember the last meeting they had with all of the leaders, after the battle between dark and light. She remembered walking the same path to the moon stone with Arcticwind and Falconstar.

She remembered walking through the tunnel deep into the mountain, until she emerged into the moon stones cave. She had meowed a greeting to Pearlfeather who responded by saying:

"Greetings, Fadepaw. Arcticwind." The white and gray she-cat dipped her head to Falconstar who returned the gesture, before padding over to Crowstar.