01

"Going out with Layla, be back later!" I shout to whoever might be home as I walk out my front door.

It's a nice sunny and clear day so I decide to take my bike rather than car. The gorgeous blacked out Kawasaki Ninja 650 matches my equally as dark and mysterious style and personality perfectly and it was love at first sight when I bought it.

My ride to the mall is pretty uneventful and peaceful and once I get there I'm even able to find a decent parking spot. Before I even get inside I give Layla a call to find her. She lets me know where she is so after hanging up I make my way to her.

I find her in the food court getting our lunch. After we get our food we sit to eat and chat.

"So what have you been up to little miss popular?" She asks me.

"It's almost Christmas. I've been looking for the perfect gift for the perfect best friend I have." I laugh.

"I see. Just a guess but I think that perfect friend might like a new pair of diamond earrings because someone lost mine." She responds referring to the pair she lent me that I lost on a trip to Hawaii.

"Right. Yes. Of course. But what else? I was already getting those love."

"Hmm... I don't know.... Ooh! I've been in need of a new sketch book."

"Okay. Sketch book. Got it."

"What about you? What does Kensy want?"

"A proper boy who will actually stay loyal." I laugh.

"Okay, try something more realistic, like a unicorn." She responds before laughing as well.

"Ooh I don't know... Honestly I need clothes. We have similar style and wear the same sizes so pick me out a cute outfit and I'll be happy."

"Okay. That's easy enough." She says before she stands to discard our trash.

I follow her to the trash bin then we walk off to find a store to start at. After a few hours of store hopping we stop at some clothing store I've never heard of for Layla. I end up getting bored as she looks around so I start looking around at other things while she is trying things on.

As I'm looking around I notice a small group of boys that I had seen earlier in other stores. I start to get an uneasy feeling about them, like they've been following me or something. I choose to ignore it, thinking I'm just being unnecessarily paranoid, and continue looking through a rack of clothes until one of the guys walk up to me.

"Hello gorgeous. Couldn't help but notice you from over there." He says in a casual tone.

I ignore his comment and his presence as I continue to look at the racks of clothes.

"My friend said you were way out of my league and that I could never get your number. Think you could help me prove him wrong?" He asks after a moment.

I just scoff and walk away and from my peripheral vision I see him walk back to his friends. I keep an eye on them until Layla returns with a bunch of clothes to buy.

Once she pays we go to another store, a shoe store, where we link off again due to our vast differences in shoes. I make my way to the boots and heels while she goes to the sports shoes for new running shoes.

While I'm looking at a cute pair of over the knee boots I notice the same group of guys from before only now there's more of them and they're all watching me. I start to get uncomfortable and decide to find where Layla is.

I place the boots back then turn around only to run into something hard. I stumble back and look up to see a guy I've never seen before smiling down at me. I smile in return and apologize as I attempt to go around him. He stretches out a hand to stop me, then pushes me back in front of him.