04

When I finally regain my senses all I feel is pain and all I see is bright lights. I'm laying on a table with a jacket under my head in a mostly empty room. I groan as I try to move and blink quickly as my eyes adjust to the white light. As I sit up, a hand on my shoulder gently pushes me back down.

"Don't sit up, you hit your head pretty hard. There's no concussion but you did split the back of your head a little, not enough for stitches though." A quiet voice says, I look up to see Katrina with a sympathetic smile on her face.

"So, if no concussion then why can't I sit?" I ask as I try to sit up again.

This time she lets me and once I'm fully up a wave of nausea hits me, hard. I jump up with a hand over my mouth and run over to the trash bin. Katrina follows and pulls my hair back as she quietly laughs.

"That's why. While you were out I shot you up with some pain killers and a few other relaxing medications that make you very prone to motion sickness." She laughs.

"Wow. Just wow." Is all I say as I drop to the floor.

"The slightest movements will make you sick. Sorry. It'll go away in about ten minutes though." She explains as she helps me back to the examination table.

I lay back down not wanting to get sick again and after a minute someone runs into the room yelling something quickly.

"Katrina! Colby said he needs you... Ooh Ross is up... Uhm.. Colby wants you Kat." Brennan says getting side tracked by me being awake.

"Right. Okay. Uhm stay here with her and don't let her get up, or she'll get sick." Katrina says and leaves quickly.

"You'll get sick? From what?" Brennan asks after the door slams shut.

"Some medicine she gave me to calm my nerves. It makes me prone to motion sickness. But I'm pretty sure I'm fine now and I'd like to go home." I say not remembering what happened before I passed out.

"Home? Uhm no, you can't. N-not yet anyway. There's uhm... Colby is.... Katrina said you have to rest." He responds, fumbling for the right words.

"Yeah, well I'm fine and I want to see my parents." Just as I say this the door flies open again and Colby stands stiffly in the frame.

"You are not fucking going home. Come with me." He snaps.

I jump up and follow him. He leads me down into the room we met my parents but instead of finding them I find blood, lots and lots of blood.

"What the hell happened? Is this from those gun shots I heard before I blacked out?" I ask confused.

"Okay I'm just gonna be blunt. Your parents are gone. Completely dead. No longer living and breathing." He says.

I stare blankly at the scene in front of me trying to process what he just told me. Only when it finally clicks do I freak out.

"Wait. What? What the fuck do you fucking mean my parents are fucking dead? Did you kill them for some stupid reason after they sent you their fucking money? Are you really that big of an arrogant dick?" I ask.

I can feel my heart rate getting higher and my entire body is burning with rage. I've never been this mad before.

"Woah. Calm the hell down. I didn't fucking kill your parents. A rival gang did. But we took care of it for now." He says calmly.

"You took care of it? What does they even mean? Am I even safe or do they want me fucking dead too?" I snap.

"Well yes they want you dead. But yes you are safe. While you were out, I talked it over with everyone else. You won't be leaving because we will be providing 24/7 protection. Mainly because it turns out your family actually has a long lived alliance with mine. Meaning your grandparents protected mine and so on. I didn't know this because my father died before he could tell us. Your parents stole from me to keep you safe and even though they never hit transfer more than half of their money was sent to my account the rest to yours." He explains.

"An alliance? Like meaning my family was in a gang?"

"Yea, second best, under mine. They kept each other safe, like family."

"Bullshit. That's serious bullshit." I scoff.

"Fine don't believe me. I don't care. Either way I'm keeping you safe so you're not leaving." He responds then leaves me alone in the room.

After a moment I walk out as well. Still in shock from everything of course. I find everyone waiting near the front door of the building and once they see me they start filing out to the cars.

Katrina and Tara gently but quickly guide me out to the car and we leave for the half hour ride back to Colby's mansion.

I don't say a word the entire ride back and once there I walk straight to that stupid room I've been kept in and go straight to bed.