Ch 10 - The beginning of love

Kriti's POV

Kriti's POV

"Kriti"

"You're late" I whispered

"I'm sorry I went to bring the noodles" He said showing me the packet.

"Hey What are you doing here? " Mom asked looking at him happy but surprised.

"Hi, Umm, I actually... " He began

"Mumma.... " Kyra said rushing down the stairs and paused the minute she looked at him.

"Hi Kyra" He said when she huffed.

"Come in..." Mom said as he smiled and placed his hands on my shoulder as we walked in.

"Is there a family outing I'm not invited to? " Kyra said as all of us sat down

I chuckled at her stupidity.

"No no it's just that I wanted to take Karishma out for dinner, you know to celebrate" He said

"Celebrate what? Kriti being the headgirl? " Kyra said rolling her eyes.

Okay I understand she isn't fond of him, But she's supposed to understand and compromise over this. Dad's not coming back, Mom is supposed to be happy and This man does make her happy. It's like watching two awkward teens fall in love. But Kyra.. Well I'm pretty sure you understand it.

"No I mean.. Yes.. " He was struggling for words

"Oh God no Maa... That's not what-"

"You're the head girl? " Mom asked surprised.

"Well I wouldn't be if not for Mr Rajbir Ahaluwalia, My principal sir is too kind and is doing all kinds of favours on me, like making me the headgirl and getting me Chinese for dinner" I said smiling when Mom hugged me

"Well he should, After all he's dating your mom" Kyra said taking her parcel and walking to her room.

"I'm so proud of you" Mom said when I sighed.

"Please go out and have fun, Do not worry about us, We're not kids anymore" I said as Rajbir smiled at me.

"Thank you" Rajbir sir said hugging me and kissing my forehead.

I smiled at both of them as they left hand in hand and wondered if that's what love looks like.

After biding them goodbye I headed to my bedroom and threw myself spread-eagled on the bed. I was thinking about college.

It's going to be so much fun and such an adventure.

My face creased into a devilish smile and my thoughts wandered freely like smoke in the sky. Playing detective was becoming almost sensational. I admitted that much to myself. No more sitting around during the free time.