Catching jellyfish or feelings?

Spongebob is a young man of great promise. He wears his heart on his sleeve and his emotions on his face. He understands the world is cruel and people die but he makes the conscience choice to look on the bright side of life- not because it's easy but because he feels it's what's right. Besides optimism was all around him! From his best friend, Patrick, to his ex, Sandy (#Throwback to when he thought he was straight lol)- hell even his boss was cheerful 99% of the time... probably because he runs a monopoly on bikini bottom's burger business but the bastard busted balls to beat out plankton so in Spongebob's eyes he earned it... kind of). Everything goes swimmingly and runs smoothly! Except for a certain octopus with an ironic name and a pessimistic way of looking at the world, Squidward, Spongebob's coworker, neighbor and occasional friend. Spongebob doesn't really like on and off relationships but with everything else being so consistent and predictable he puts in the effort for Squidward. Sure he can be cruel sometimes but he is also a passionate artist and musician. Oftentimes Spongebob wonders if that passion would transfer to other areas of his life as well. He shakes the thought from his spongebrain. No! We are not entertaining silly thoughts of that nature. Not when there are burgers to be flipped. The only buns on his mind should be the Krabby Patty's. The ding of a bell snapped him out of his self-shaming. "SPONGEBOB WE ARE THREE CUSTOMERS BEHIND! WHAT'S GOTTEN INTO YOU??"  Spongebob's baby blue orbs met Squidward's deep glare through the port hole restaurant window. "Sorry Squidward I'll pick up the pace". Suddenly as Spongebob moved faster and faster a cartoonish smoke built up around him until it cleared up revealing all the orders complete and perfect. Spongebob sometimes surprised himself with how he can cook in seconds. And as he passed the trays to Squidward he could've sworn he saw that anger turn into pure amazement. "Alright well no one likes a showoff" the smug squid muttered. "I think you do, best friiiiiend" Spongebob teased in his usual cutesy way. Instead of the groan of annoyance he was used to hearing in response Squidward chuckled and Spongebob's heart skipped a beat. For once he wished the workday would speed up so he can watch mindless television and forget how his crush is progressively getting worse.