24

"What's wrong?""I know that we made our bed and now we have to lay in it

"What's wrong?"
"I know that we made our bed and now we have to lay in it...that doesn't mean I want to do this" he put his hand on my thigh "I don't feel like fighting James, I don't have the energy"
"You won't have to"

Though he said that I knew that's probably how this was going to go.

I slept with her husband and now he's leaving her for me, this whole meeting was a bad idea but I knew that what we had done had consequences.

"Come on"
I was so in my head I didn't even realize we pulled up, let alone he was holding the door open for me and waiting for me to get out the car.

I grabbed his hand and got out the car and walked in the restaurant where we were meeting his wife. They took us all the way to the back where she was waiting for us.

"Chasity" James said as we sat down "Glad you two could make it" She seemed pleasant, and she was beautiful so I've always wondered why he wanted to cheat on her the way he did, I just hoped this didn't take a left turn. She stared at me waiting for me to introduce myself I assumed "I'm Nicole" she nodded "Nicole, I think it's best I speak to you for the rest of the dinner considering I have nothing else to say to him" I looked towards James who had a blank expression on his face then cleared my throat sitting up looking towards her "Okay"
"Um I know your probably wondering why I invited you here....I guess I need closure before I can let everything go" James scoffed "Chasity what is this bullshit?" He said waving his hand around "James shut up" I said quickly he tucked his lips in his mouth "We're at fault here so this is the least we can do" James sat back and I turned my attention back to Chasity.

"Can you just tell me, how you met?" I furrowed my eyebrows "I don't know why th—"
"Because I can't trust his words" I sighed "Well I met him when I was out to lunch with my friend and I guess he was doing business at the time and he was smooth" I couldn't help but smile remembering how we met, how sweet he seemed.....he played the hell out of me.
"So he took me out a few times but I didn't know he was married or I would have never went and he knows that" I looked towards him and again he had no emotion on his face "Which is why he kept it from me for months"
"He came up to you?" I nodded and she laughed leaving me confused "and then?"
"He eventually told me he was married and I left but one thing led to another and we're here" I didn't understand what going in to detail about everything would do for her and I really wanted to cut this short.

"So now you want me to kill my baby?" I shook my head quickly"What? No, I never said that and he better not have said that I said that" I looked towards James then back at her "James wants me to abort my baby so I can only assume it's because you told him that"
"No, I would never say that and James should have made that clear to as I've made it clear to him that you were not to be pressured into have an abortion...if you want to have your baby then that's none of my business" she chuckled again "Well it is your business since you guys will be together now" James slammed his hand on the table abruptly making Chasity and I jump "You know I don't want that baby, your doing this to spite me"
"THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU!" The whole restaurant looked our way and she quickly relaxed.

"It's not about you James....You know how hard we tried to get pregnant and now that I am you want me to get rid of it to make your life easier" it was then I realized that this was deeper then James was telling me and maybe I hadn't realized that this really wasn't about James and I but about Chasity and James.

"You think your gonna have that baby and take my money for it" James said, there was so much hate in his voice towards her "I don't want your damn money" he scoffed
"That's bullshit"
"What is wrong with you?!" I turned towards James "Why are you treating her as if she was the one that stepped out? Stop talking to her like that" He was quiet as he shifted in his seat probably pissed at how I was speaking to him but I don't care.

"How long have you been trying to get pregnant?" She shrugged
"maybe the last 3 years but this was an accident, I didn't know it at the times but I guess this was a product of goodbye sex" she said rubbing her stomach, I nodded my head but cringed mentally turning to look at James who still had no expression on his face.
"Chasity, Though it probably means nothing to you I'm sorry for this...all of this and I do wish you a successful pregnancy" I grabbed my stuff and quickly left the restaurant with James hot on my ass.

"What's wrong Nic?" He said as soon as we got outside but I ignored him walking to the car "You hear me talking to you?" I got to the car and opened door "NICOLE!" I turned around quickly and pushed him back "YOU FUCKING LIED!" He looked at me taken back "You lied to me, about all of this"
"What are you talking about?" I chucked
"What am I talking about? You told me she was having the baby out of spite just to hold on to you but you've been trying for the last 3 years to get that baby...She is broken James and we did that but your treating her like shit as if you never loved her"
"She knows how I feel" I rubbed my hands down my face frustrated at how nonchalant he was "Your an asshole for trying to make her abort her baby...Your baby James that you guys worked hard to get" He shrugged "You were gonna leave so I had no choice"
"Are you hearing yourself right now?" Again with the emotionless expression and I realized I was talking to a wall.

"She deserves to have that baby and that baby deserves a father and if you can't be that to her, what makes you can be that for me?" he stepped towards me "Your different Nic" I shook my head "I'm not different in the slightest" he had nothing to say but what could he say that I didn't already think was bullshit.
"Take me home James"
And for once in his life, he listened without any hesitation.