Familiar Laughter

"Hey.."

The familiar, raspy voice made its way into my ears. It was that guy again. Not only that, I had just processed that.. I had been knocked unconscious by some unknown force.

And that force was clearly still present, because I could feel it on my back. I turned my head to face another direction, an ache in my forehead as I did so. And a new face had made its way into my vision.

It was the boy who's voice kept cracking, he looked barely awake. His eyes were glazed with a sense of exhaustion, stained with the feeling of homesickness. But as he stared at my face for a moment, he had finally processed that he was laying on me.

For he, as he widened his eyes, let out a humongous scream.

"Aggghhhh!"

As he belted out his inner surprise, so did i. As i screamed, he struggled off of me and I practically flew back in a panic to get away from him. I had never felt so scared in my life.

As I panted, the waves of my laughter burst out of my mouth once more. I wiped a tear of amusement from my eyes as I kept chuckling, "Oh.. oh man.." The boy still looked frightened as i laughed.

"Sorry, man. Sorry." I kept repeating over and over, trying to disguise the amused tone with a more empathetic tone. But no matter how hard I tried, the disguise had only faded into more and more amusement.

The guy with the raspy voice had started chuckling as well, his laughter soft and friendly sounding. Man, where had I heard such a beautiful sound before?

"Why- why are you laughing too?!" The frightened guy had asked frantically, looking like a coward in the field of comedy.

"Ah, apologies. I don't mean to laugh." The guy with a raspy voice had reassured with a calm smile on his pale face. "Yeah, I don't mean to laugh either. Sorry." I had finally managed to apologize in a normal way of speaking.

"I-Its fine.." He looked slightly salty as he tried to reassure me that, looking away with those light yellow eyes of his. Heh, I'm guessing he was a tsundere or some shit. Never thought I'd see one of those today.

I sighed deeply out of exhaustion from my fit of laughter, "Sorry, dude. I'm assuming you probably passed out because of whatever Usami said, right?" I said with a smile.

"Y-Yeah.. just leave me alone." He crossed his arms, looking frustrated. For such a rude guy, he looked kind of adorable when frustrated.

"Well.. alrighty then. Hey, dude who was gonna introduce himself to me earlier but didn't get to." I greeted rather loudly to the guy with the raspy voice. He looked up as I walked towards him and quickly smiled again.

"Oh, hello there. Do you need anything?" He had asked politely, a gentle look on his face. I smirked, "Yeah, your name. Maybe if we get phones or something later, I can even get your number." I winked.

He paused for a moment, before chuckling in a calm way. "Ahaha. This level of flirting.. you really are an Ultimate." He smiled at me with such carefree looking eyes. "Heh, you could call me the Ultimate Flirty Person. But that's not really a talent, I guess." I shrugged with a lazy grin.

Before he could talk, I cut him off by saying; "Anyway, I guess I could tell ya my name first. The names Y/N L/N. I look foward to gettin to know ya and the tsundere guy over there." I grinned with a sly look, as that seemed to get his attention.

"Hey, I'm not-" "Anyway, what's your name, Mr. Flirtatious?" I had asked him as he looked down/up at me.

But the look in his eyes didn't seem so carefree anymore. In fact, I couldn't read it at all. He smiled again, a misty haze in his eyes blocking all reading.

"Ahah.. it seems I was right. I knew it was you the moment I heard that laugh. Lady Luck blessed me after all." He had suddenly said, the half lidded eyes still present.

Confusion built up in my throat; "Huh? What are you-" But like I had interrupted the tsundere guy, he interrupted me.

"Oh well.. not like I expected you to recognize me. I suppose I wouldn't be so important you'd remember anyway.." He had spoken mysteriously again, causing more confusion to burst out of me.

"W- What are you-" My thoughts tried to think of who it could possibly be, he didn't look like anyone I had known. So why was he?..

"Its me, Nagito."

...

Nagito?..

The memories had come flooding back into me and out of me, causing my face to burn up in shock. The coldness of surprise had frozen my heart whole as I had realized that name that I had known for so long.

"N.. Nagito?" The words had finally come out of my mouth, expressing my surprise for me. He smiled with a giggle, "Mhm. Honestly, I hadn't expected to see you here. But in the end, it seems luck always graces me."

"Luck?.. What do you mean by-" "I had entered here due to the lottery that had picked me by total chance. And as a result, they call me the Ultimate Lucky Student." He cut me off, as if he knew what I had to ask.

"I-I see.. but.." I stammered, "Last- last time I had saw you, your hair wasnt white. And your skin wasn't so.. pale." I struggled to express my shock in a nice way.

"Ahah.. I guess that's what made you not recognize me. Oh well, I'm just glad I get to see you in my final moments. I had wanted to see you again for so long." He smiled, a look of happiness on his face.

"But if you didn't wanna see me, then thats fine. After all," He tilted his head, "who'd wanna see trash like me again anyway?" He smiled, not fitting his self depreciating words.

I stood in silence, unable to say anything. The only thing on my expression was horror.

...

"Ahem.." The tsundere guy cleared his throat, "what on earth is going on?!"

//////////////
Woo! I had been excited to write this chapter ever since I started this!