[03]

Chapter 3: Their Fateful Meeting
[☆]

A meteor shower was pouring down in the starry sky. It was a view that anyone would certainly admire, but not Yoo Jonghyuk.

「 It is starting. 」

The aforementioned phenomenon was the precursor to the start of the third main scenario. Now Seoul would be destroyed one by one in accordance to the scenarios.

Yoo Jonghyuk looked up to the sky. Although he didn't have a hobby of watching the stars, a gentle smile still managed to find its way on his lips upon remembering a certain person who was greatly fond of it.

It was a certain black-haired woman whom Yoo Jonghyuk would readily call as his closest confidant. His most important companion. His one and only brightest star in this ruined world.

Speaking of companion, Yoo Jonghyuk bowed his head and looked towards the Han River.

The landscape around Dongho Bridge had already become desolate since the large group of ichthyosaurs had recently moved downstream.

「 It was too much. 」

It was already three days since Kim Dokja had entered the Han River. It might've been too much to demand that he'd be able to catch the ichthyosaur on the first level.

「 Indeed, it would be hard for me to catch an ichthyosaur in three days. 」

But it would be impossible to take Kim Dokja if he couldn't even do this much. He would only be a hindrance to Yoo Jonghyuk in the future.

「 A prophet isn't a big deal. 」

Yoo Jonghyuk closed his eyes in disappointment. Once again, he would go on with his own. Anyway, he already had a companion in mind. What's left for him to do right now was to search for her.

Yoo Jonghyuk only needed one Park Hanbyeol in his life. Having her by his side was the only thing he had always wanted.

And now that he had regressed for the third time, he would do everything to keep the woman from killing herself. He would do anything to convince her that being with him was the best choice she would ever make in her life.

And that she would never come to regret it.

「 This time, I will definitely change it. 」

Yoo Jonghyuk turned around and headed into the direction where he believed Park Hanbyeol could possibly be.

But maybe, he had turned away too soon.

•••

Kim Dokja often thought about it.

Why did so many 'predictable villains' always appear in various post-apocalyptic stories? He thought it must be the laziness of the authors or them simply having the thought that crimes such as rape or theft would occur indiscriminately in such a situation. But if the real 'destruction' were to come, wouldn't humans act more rationally than they thought?

"It looks like he won't give it. Hey, go ahead and kill him!"

The answer was now right in front of him. Kim Dokja intently observed the men coming towards him, as well as the man watching from the rear.

[The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' expects a fair judgment.]

Anyone who was a reader knew that humans from the fiction world had always been cliché. But the truth was, real humans were actually more cliché than the imagination.