[05]

Chapter 5: Schemes, Antics, and Dreams
[☆]

THE next morning, Kim Dokja had almost ran out of supplies. Jung Heewon stared at the convenience store bags as if she couldn't believe it.

"Oh my god. Is it sold out?"

"Yes."

"Ha, really funny. Everyone was just watching and now..."

"Nope. It isn't just the marginalized group."

The guests who came in the middle of the night weren't just members of the marginalized group.

"Dokja-ssi, you are making the worst choice."

Among them was Cheon Inho.

"You will regret it."

More than half of the food Kim Dokja had was taken from the mainstream group. Of course, they paid the exact amount.

Jung Heewon was in a rage after hearing the story. "Wait a minute. Then the mainstream group will just monopolize the food again?"

"Something like that." Kim Dokja shrugged as if it wasn't his business to worry about it.

"No, what is this? Weren't you going to weaken the power of the mainstream group by promoting transactions among the people?"

It was an unexpected insight. Kim Dokja responded with a bit of admiration, "That's correct. That was the intent. I wanted people to move voluntarily."

"Then, why did you sell food to the mainstream group? The situation won't change."

"It has changed. I have obtained coins."

"Huh?" Jung Heewon's mouth fell open as if she was dumbfounded.

It was 1,450 coins. It was a huge income for one night.

"No... what is Dokja-ssi thinking? Sangah-ssi, can we really trust this man?"

Yoo Sangah flinched as attention suddenly turned to her, but then she smiled brightly. "I believe in him."

It was burdensome.

"You... How about Hanbyeol-ssi? What do you think?"

"..."

"Hanbyeol-ssi?"

Everyone turned around and finally noticed that the said surgeon was nowhere to be found. She was supposed to be sitting on the bench, yet at this moment not even a single strand of her hair was seen by anyone in their group.

Kim Dokja suddenly had a premonition. Knowing Park Hanbyeol, she might've wandered somewhere out of curiosity but was unable to return because of her terrible sense of direction. Kim Dokja could only hope it to be untrue.

At this time, someone poked his cheek, which pulled him out of his thoughts. He turned his head and found a small hand holding a biscuit.

"Huh? You want me to eat it?"

Nod, nod. A small head moved cutely in response. Kim Dokja smiled, took the biscuit and put it in Lee Gilyoung's mouth.

"I'm okay. You eat it."

Ah! Now that he thought about it...

"Gilyoung-ah, perhaps, did you see where Hanbyeol went?"

Lee Gilyoung remained silent for a while before pointing towards a certain direction. It was the comfort room. "I saw her going that way."

"Oh! It must've been urgent." Jung Heewon nodded her head in understanding. Yoo Sangah also did the same.

The boys were confused but did not bother to ask what they meant. But Kim Dokja silently prayed that the missing woman was not doing something idiotic again...