[13]

Chapter 13: Down the Rabbit Hole
[☆]

KIM Dokja woke up two hours later after passing out in the middle of running away from the angry surgeon.

He didn't know whether it was out of luck or misfortune, but him fainting out of nowhere effectively saved him from the surgeon's raging fist anyway.

[[Hey, how long are you going to sleep?]]

Kim Dokja opened his eyes at the loud and unpleasant voice. This time, the texture against his cheek was much thicker and harder than before.

"Ah... Dokja-ssi woke up."

With a smile, Jung Heewon was looking down at him.

"Is Lee Hyunsung's thigh comfortable?"

Kim Dokja looked up and saw Lee Hyunsung drooling in his sleep.

"Today in the morning... the on-call officer will conduct the duties..."

Kim Dokja thought the height of the pillow wasn't right. It turned out to be Lee Hyunsung's thigh. It was an army pillow with a bloody smell.

"Dokja hyung... Noona..."

Kim Dokja felt a heavy feeling on his stomach and looked down to see Lee Gilyoung leaning against him while sobbing.

"Gilyoung? What happened?"

He turned his head around and noticed that a certain raven-haired beauty was nowhere to be found.

He then sat up in panic. "Hanbyeol... Where's Hanbyeol?"

"Ah, about that... Hanbyeol-ssi went with Yoo Jonghyuk-ssi." Yoo Sangah answered with a complicated expression on her face.

"More like she was conned to go with him." Jung Heewon interjected while crossing her arms. "That man told her something about a 'desired end' and bla bla bla. I didn't really understand some of the words, but you get the gist."

"Hyung... please help Noona." Lee Gilyoung cried.

"Alright. But first, explain to me everything from the top."

***

Seconds after Kim Dokja passed out...

"Oh dear! Kim Dokja, please forgive me. It wasn't really my intention to kill you. I was just trying to scare you a bit as payback for making me bite my tongue. I never meant for this to happen..."

"Hanbyeol-ssi, STOP! Dokja-ssi isn't dead. He just passed out. Seriously, you're supposed to be the doctor here." Jung Heewon said as she rubbed a hand on her face, both frustration and amusement evident in her tone.

Park Hanbyeol lightly giggled and gently placed the unconscious Kim Dokja back on her lap. "I know. I'm just messing with you, guys. Besides, I was only hoping that the constellations would sponsor me some of their coins after showing a little bit of compassion to my pitiful companion~"

[A few constellations are baffled by Park Hanbyeol's statement.]

[The constellation 'Butterfly with a Hookah' likes your honesty.]

[You have been sponsored 300 coins.]

[The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' is shaking his head.]

[200 coins have sponsored.]

[The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' is touched by your compassion.]

[300 coins have been sponsored.]

"Hanbyeol-ssi, you really..." Jung Heewon could only smile helplessly at the surgeon's another display of shamelessness.

After days of spending time with this woman, Jung Heewon was no longer surprised. She and her fellow party members could not help but get used to Park Hanbyeol-ssi's colorful personality. There was nothing they could do now but to accept the surgeon for who she really was.