History/Bio

Renée was born in Downey, California. Her father died when she was still a child, and she never got to have much time with him. Her mother, Marie, was a cold and stern woman, but also hardworking and loyal. Renée had a very different personality: fun-loving, creative and artistic, but flighty and inconsistent and overall immature and flaky. She did not do well in school,as she preferred to party and go on 'adventures' aka skip school much to her mother's disapproval. During her teenage years she was unable to hold onto a job for long, though she always interviewed very well thanks to her upbeat and charming 'personality'.

The first year after high school, Renée, who could no longer take living with her 'pessimistic' mother, moved in with a friend who had space available in her small apartment, working several temporary jobs to pay for it. The next summer, one of her girlfriends decided to take a month off and travel the length of the Pacific coast, camping along the way. This was exactly the kind of adventure that she loved. She went on the trip with a few other girls, having no idea where she would live when she got back, if her roommate rented the space to someone else.

On First Beach, Renée met Charlie Swan. She was instantly attracted to him because of his difference from her ex-boyfriends: serious and responsible, yet funny and kind. They spent a few days together before she departed, but not before promising Charlie that she would visit on her way back. Renée missed Charlie for the rest of the trip, and when she returned to Forks, she was easily convinced to stay for a little while longer. Renée loved being in love, and she loved feeling like she was living an adventure. When Charlie proposed, getting married sounded like the perfect cap to the whirlwind romance. They were married by a justice of the peace, with only Charlie's parents and three best friends in attendance. Renée sent her mother a picture of the wedding, but she didn't respond.

At first, Renée enjoyed the novelty of being married. Charlie was easier to live with than her mother, and his passionate adoration of her was quite pleasant. She had a great deal of fun decorating their little house and loved his quiet and kind parents. While living in Forks, she worked as a waitress, where she loved meeting new people.

Renée was excited when she found out that she was pregnant, and learned to knit and decorate the nursery. She wrote to her mother again, and this time Marie sent a gift: her own mother's handmade quilt. Renée was touched. However, after a few months, everything started to get stale. The constant covering of clouds and rain depressed her, and Charlie's busy time at work and caring for his parents left her unhappy and trapped. Though she loved Charlie, there was no adventure left in their now staid relationship.

Renée gave birth to Bella and Ella Swan on September 13, 1987. After her daughters were born, she became more irresponsible and irritable in her ways around the house. Her unhappy time did not brighten up, though. She hated the thought of letting Bella grow up in the gloomy town and begged Charlie to leave with her, though she knew that was not a kind thing to ask. This led to her having an affair with Charlie's half brother, Waylon Forge.

Waylon was the product of Geoffrey Swan and his ex-girlfriend Sheila Forge before he married Helen Swan.

Renee became pregnant again and when the baby was born Charlie did a DNA test and realized that she wasn't his. He immediately divorced Renee and demanded that she leave.

They divorced in March 1988.She moved back in with her mother, who was still difficult, but who doted on her daughters. Marie became the primary caregiver of the girls while Renee was off having adventures.

It wasn't until Renée's mother passed away, did she return with a new husband and another child.

Phil Dwyer, Renee's new husband, was a minor league baseball player and often traveled for work. When Renee came back into her daughters lives she elected to be a 'stay at home mom' though she didn't really care for her children as she spent a majority of her time in her art studio or attending fun classes.

Ella became the mother of her siblings.

She cooked breakfast and dinner, packed lunches for school, attended parent-teacher conferences, arranged Doctor's appointments, help with homework, etc.

Ella was actually very close to her half siblings, and preferred them to her twin. Dani and Mika felt the same with Ella.

Bella took after her mother. She was flighty, flaky, and chaotic. Bella also didn't approve of her half sisters sexual orientations, and often tried to turn Ella against her half sisters. She failed every time.

When Bella and Ella turned 17, Ella noticed their mother's unhappiness. Because the children was attending school in Phoenix, Renée couldn't spend very much time with Phil who traveled around because of his job, and thus she was unhappy. In order to prevent another catastrophic event ending with another messy divorce Ella decided to move herself and her siblings in with her father, Charlie Swan, in Forks, so Renée and Phil could have more time together.