Chapter 2

Onyxflare cried out in pain as Pandaleaf threw her into a bramble den. The thorns clung to her short pelt as she pulled herself away. Holloweyes ran to her rescue, carefully pawing at the thorns. Onyxflare purred to herself as she watched the brown tom run to her defense so quickly. The two weren't mates, like Onyxflare always says to anyone who walks up to her. Just close friends. Pandaleaf watched in annoyance, fluffing out her white-and-black fur.

"Excuse me, Holloweyes." The tom glanced at her once, then looked back to the bramble bush.

"I don't understand why your helping her. I saw that sparrow first, right?" Onyxflare groaned and rolled her eyes. In Copperclan, cats has to fight for their meals. Apparently Pandaleaf looked at the sparrow first so it's definitely hers. Holloweyes shrugs and flicks his skinny tail.

"Could have taken something else." He muttered.

Onyxflare bit back a yowl as she was finally free from the bramble den. It was where the best warriors slept, the ones who had the most scars. Her father was one of them. Speaking of which, Falconcall approaches the three young warriors with a stern glare.

He eyed his daughter up and down. The she-cats black fur was speckled with tiny wounds that bled. A lot. Her jet-black fur glistened in the sunlight, making it seem like it was a blood red.

"Try to look presentable. Pureclan is visiting for a checkup and I don't want you to embarrass Raggedstar." The warriors eyes shifted to a muscular brown she-cat. Her fur was heavily scarred, but she had a cheerful expression on her face. The leaders ears were almost gone, but her hearing was the best out of anyone in this sorry little clan. Onyxflare admired her like an apprentice would to their mentor.

Pandaleaf cleared her throat and smoothed down her curly fur.

"I'm always presentable." She purrs, sneaking a glance to Holloweyes. The tom refuses to look at her however, and he pads over to Onyxflare side. He curls his tail with hers.

"It's bad enough that we have to look at Pureclan cats at the gathering. Now their coming to our clan? We might get the 'I'm better than everyone' disease." He murmured to her.

"I hear it's contagious!" He exclaimed as Onyxflare broke out into a fit of laughter. Falconcall sighed and rolled his eyes, padding away to go find Dovepetal.

"Well. I'm sure we can spend some time together later." Pandaleaf dipped her head.

"Cant wait." Holloweyes muttered, scratching his muzzle with his white paw. The snobbish she walked away and Onyxflare drooped her ears, loosing the cheerful smile. Holloweyes frowns, and rests his head on hers. She leans into his shoulder and sighs.

"I hate it here." She muttered quietly.

"It'll get better though." He said cheerfully. Holloweyes pulls away from her. Onyxflare decided not to argue and she nods along, stopping as the scent of Pureclan filled her nose. Ugh. Pureclan cats. All high and mighty but they're just a bunch of cowards. She thought to herself as three cats walked inside.

One was Owlcreek. Everybody knew him. He went on every check-up just to spend time with Coalstrike and he has no shame about it. That is, until she had his kits. Onyxflare glances at Petalpaw and Sharp-paw, glaring at their father angrily. Coalstrike did the same with her second litter close by. The second cat was some stranger nobody cared about. The last one was everyone's 'favorite', Ivoryfrost.

The she-cats milky-white fur looked glossy, making the dull but clean camp look like mud. Her plumed tail swished around elegantly, and her golden eyes made any cat want to faint. Onyxflare always thought the stuck-up she looked like Dovepetal. Unlike some cats around here, Dovepetal was obsessed with Ivoryfrost. Pandaleaf likes to call her a traitor but Onyxflares mother insists that she's just jealous of the Pureclan warriors looks.

Raggedstar meets Owlcreek with a grin, dipping her head.

"Come to visit your kits again, Owlcreek?" She asks coldly. The camp goes quiet. As the tom unsheathes his claws in anger, Holloweyes darts closer to the leader. She is his mother after all. And she's all he has left.

Onyxflare trots after him slowly.

Ivoryfrost pushes past Owlcreek and looks to Raggedstar.

"We don't have time for this. Just give us a report and we'll be on our way."

"Ugh. Even her voice makes me wanna barf." Hissed Onyxflare to herself. Everybody's head swivels to her and she freezes. Did I say that out loud?

Ivoryfrost hisses and walks up to Onyxflare, staring the black she-cat down.

"Who do you think you are, you infested rat?" She spat angrily.

----
Whelp. We got some drama folks. Also who else just kinda hates Owlcreek? (I know in about 10 seconds there's gonna be one comment saying "but you wrote him though?" People are allowed to hate their own characters. ShHhHhHhH )