003

Bella, Mike, and Jessica all carry their trays to a table in the cafeteria

Bella, Mike, and Jessica all carry their trays to a table in the cafeteria. Eric appears and takes the seat next to Bella.

"Mike, you met my homegirl, Bella," Eric says.

"Your homegirl?"

"My girl." Tyler kisses Bella on the cheek before yanking Mike's chair from underneath him, and he gets up to chase after.

Jessica moves her chair closer to Bella, laughing.

"It's like first grade all over again, and you're the shiny new toy."

"Smile!" Angela Weber says, the flash of her camera momentarily blinding Bella. "Sorry, needed a candid for the feature."

She takes a seat next to Jessica, and Eric looks over at her.

"Features dead, Angela. Don't bring it up again."

Eric stands behind Bella's chair, patting her shoulder.

"I got your back baby,"

"Is he serious right now?"

"Guess we'll run another editorial on teen drinking," Angela says in disappointment.

"You can always go for eating disorders, or speedo padding on the swim team," Bella suggested, poking at the food on her tray.

"Actually, that's a good one." Angela smiles, and Jessica nods along.

"Right. That's exactly what I thought."

Bella looks up and notices something through the lunchroom window.

"Who are they?" She asks, not taking her eyes off the group walking into the cafeteria. Jessica and Angela look over.

"The Cullens." Angela answers.

Four of the most beautiful people Bella had ever seen. All pale, purplish shadows under their eyes, but all devastatingly beautiful.

Everyone in the audience was watching. Most had a feeling this family was important, but something seemed off about them.

"They're Dr. and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids." Jessica continues, eager to tell Bella the gossip. "They moved down here from Alaska, like a few years ago."

"They mostly keep to themselves."

"Yeah, 'cause they're together. Like together, together." Jessica says. She looks away from the group coming in and focuses back on Bella.

"The blonde girl, that's Rosalie, and the big dark-haired guy, that's Emmett. They're like a thing, I'm not even sure that's legal."

It's obvious most in the audience are in awe of their beauty, no matter their gender.