𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

[𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗗]

AT THE PUBLIC POOL, PEOPLE WERE running around to leave the place.

sage, max, and eleven were on their bikes — el on the back of sage's. they wore bright raincoats. the wheeler teen wore blue, max yellow, and el wore red. max and sage parked their bikes as el walked into the entrance of the public pool.

the two girls walked over to maintenance center of the public pool, putting their hoods off their heads.

"excuse me," max said nicely, trying to grab their attention. "no one in the water until 30 minutes after the last strike. and don't try and argue with me." the man stated dully, looking at a magazine not even bothering to look up. "you wanna get electrocuted, go climb a tree,"

"yeah, we don't care. we're not here to swim." sage told him. "or get electrocuted," max said after. eleven dug through her pocket and pulled out the fanny pack sage had found.

"we found this," eleven said and showed the man the fanny pack. "does that belong to anybody here?" max asked him. "oh, yeah. that's heather's. i'll get it back to her." the man replied.

"we could give it back to her," eleven protested, glancing at sage and max. "you could. 'cept she's not here. bailed on me today." the man told her.

the three girls look at each other.

"what is this?" the man asked, confused. "you girls want a reward or somethin'?"

max shook her head. "no. we're just . . . good samaritans."

the brunette girl with the man smiled softly at max. the red-head furrowed her eyebrows before turning to look at sage, seeing she was looking over at something with eleven.

sage and eleven walk over to the bulletin board, max following them. the three girls look at the polaroid pictures posted up and see heather.

"heather," max said. "do you think you can find her?"

"no way!" the brunette girl said in shock and laughed. sage looked behind her and right at them before turning back around and snatching the polaroid picture of heather.

the three head to the showers, sage and eleven grabbing tape and goggles as max turns on every shower in the room. sage and eleven put the tape over the goggles until placing the photo of heather in front of them. they put the goggles on and hold each other's hands tightly.