𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

[𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗜𝗧𝗘]

"HE SAID, HE WAS BUILDING SOMETHING," eleven said to the party, now seated on the couch. "and that it was all for us," sage added on, also on the couch, motioning between eleven and herself.

"building something . . ." max said. "is he talking about the flayed?"

"he must be," nancy told her. "so, he's building an army just like we thought," lucas said.

"yeah, but he's not building this army to spread," mike informed. "he's building it to stop sage and eleven," will finished off.

"last year, el closed the gate on him. sage helped take the mind flayer out of will. i have a feeling that really pissed him off." mike told them. "like, royally," lucas added.

"and the mind flayer now knows they're the only thing that can stop him," mike says. "but if they're out of the way —"

"game over,"

"he also said . . . he was gonna kill all of you," eleven told the party.

silence.

"yeah, well, that's nice," max said, breaking the silence in the room. "yeah, totally," sage mumbled, leaning her head on max's shoulder.

nancy looks over at the window, slowly walking towards it. a faint screeching noise was heard by the eldest wheeler teen.

"do you guys hear that?" nancy asks.

no one answers as they try to get a sense of what nancy is hearing.

"it's just the fireworks," johnathan tells her. "billy . . ." nancy says and turns around to face the girls. "when he told you this, it was here, in this room?" the wheeler teen asks.

sage and eleven nod in reply.

distant rumbling noise are heard as everyone looks around the cabin. will raises his hand to the back of his neck, feeling it.

"he knows we're here." will says.

everyone quickly goes outside to see where billy or the mind flayer could possibly be. in the distance, a large creature, that looked to be in the shape of the mind flayer, knocks down trees.

sage and eleven stare at the creature, breathing heavily. everyone splits up. nancy goes over to the shed, opening the doors, and turning on the light. she spots a shotgun and takes it, making sure it's loaded.