i love you, you idiot

(listen to the song pancakes for dinner by lizzy mcalpine)

george pov

i watched him look away from the road... i saw as the van turned over more than once with dream still inside. i didn't know what to do. the van tumbled down the hill as i ran after it. eventually it stopped and landed upside down on the train tracks. he must have been so scared. the train came and sent the van spinning again. 

i called an ambulence "ambulence please." i cried. "it's my boyfriend, hes been in an accident in his van he- he-" i stumbled over my words not knowing how to tell them what happened. "take your time sir an ambulence is on its's way, whats your boyfriends name?" the woman said. "d-clay, his name is clay b- but his nickname is dream, please you have to help him." i cried. "were doing everything we can." she spoke trying to sound kind. stupid woman i thought to myslef as i ended the phone and the ambulence arrived. they struggled to pull dream out of the car. he was unconcious. "please don't die." i wispered as the ambulence began moving. i called sapnap. "you need to get to the hospital now sapnap!" i sobbed.  "what! why? george?" i ended the phone call and let out a nerve racking sob. "please be okay." i begged. 

we go the hospital where i walked by dream until a nurse said "you can't go in there." "he needs me!" i yelled. sapnap rushed in as i tried to barge past the nurse. "just let them do there job george." he spoke out of breath from running. "they know what their doing." 

we sat down in the waiting room it was 2 in the morning now and dream still wasnt out of theater. it was just me and sapnap sat waiting when i burst out in sobs "come here, come here. it's alright. hes gonna be alright ." sapnap hushed. 

we waited a long time without any news until a nurse walked in and asked if we were dreams family, we nodded. "dream suffered severe injury to his spine and lower body. he also suffered a concussion." she siad, i then interupted her. "so does that mean he could be brain damaged?" i questioned. "also theres no easy way to say this but dream may be tetraplegic." she stated calmly. "you mean like paralised?" sapnap questioned. she nodded then left. "it's my fault." i said angrily. "i shoudl have never got out of the van, what if he hates me?" i thought out loud. "that wont happen." sapnap stated. 

we were then alowed into dreams room and i sat by his bedside for a while. after some time sapnap made the decision to get us both some coffee. i was supprised when i herd dream mumble something that i couldn't quite understand. "dream?" i said confused. "get. out." he said. "i better go and tell someone your awake." i said getting out of my seat. dream spoke again "no, i mean leave and don't come back." i walked out of the room leaving dream softly sobing to himself. i went to find sapnap who was stood by the coffee machine waiting for his drink to finish. "sapnap, dreams awake and he told me to leave. i told you he hates me." i said angrily heading towards the exit. 

sapnap pov 

i walked back to dreams room two coffees in hand as i arrived a nurse walked out and said "their just running some more tests." i said a small okay and smiled at her as i walked in. "hey dream, feeling okay?" i said chearfully. "i can't move and george is gone so yea doing perfectly fine." he spoke sarcastically. the doctors left and one tapped me on the sholder signaling for me to step outside the room. 

the nurse then spoke "if you wish to tell him yourself that hes tetraplegic you can but if you don't think your able too, just know were here to help." it's confermed then. i say a short thankyou and head back inside the room. "call george and tell him to come back." dream asked. "theres something you should know first dream." i said. "just call george, i want him here if theres any news on my condition." he said. i called george and told him that dream wanted him to come back to the hospital now and george said he was on his way. 

george finally arrived and rushed in to the room "is everything okay?" he asked strugglig to breath from rushing up here. "sapnap has news on my condition and i wanted you to be here to listen." he said sternly. i began talking. "there really is no easy way to say shit like this but it is tetraplegia, you are tetraplegic dream." i started crying after i spoke. george began talking "i'm so sorry, i'm so sorry." he whispered. "get out!" dream yelled. "george i think you sould go ho-" i began to say but dream interupted me. "both of you go home please, i need some time by myself." me and george both left the room and headed for the exit of the haspital.