God's answer

After the bad performance in the previous match, and also few broadcasts talking about how she's being forced to train despite her poor condition, the KBA decided to let Minjeong rest for a month. Though of course they're doing to avoid negative comments from the people. They told media that she received a whole month to rest and can do whatever she wants as a reward for her past excellent performances and contributions to Korea and KBA, but KBA is KBA. It's filled with bunch of snakes. Before leaving KBA's building, coach Pyo handed her a thumb drive.

"Ehem. The upper hand told you to analyze your mistakes."

And now here she is, playing over the same videos over and over again. Isn't that a coach job to analyze her game? They're called coach for a reason. It hasn't been a week yet she already feels bored. Because her youth is filled with badminton, the only way to lighten her up is by hearing the sound of racket hitting the shuttlecock. That's why despite the mistreatment she receives from the KBA, she bear with it because she can't do anything without badminton. Badminton is her life, no, badminton gives her life. She lays on the bed with her right hand holding her racket in the air.

The racket rather looks tarnished and scratches are everywhere. The shaft is in purple with few parts discoloured and the head slightly bent inwards. She holds it upright over her head until the initials engraved on the butt of the handle visible. She can't help but to smile.

"I am really a big loser, right?"

Reaching her limit, she puts down the racket and sighs. She's not used to this free time that's why she feels uneasy. When she trained her butt off every single day until her studio house feels more like a transit place, where she only comes to sleep and shower, she prays to God that the KBA is considerate of her and gives her a month off so that she can explore her house. She finally bought her dream house yet she only utilized the bed and the shower. When it seems like the KBA didn't give a damn about her request, she didn't have a choice but to always wished for her ankle to get sprained during the training sessions so that she can have a few weeks off. And now finally God answered her prayer, but now she's praying again so that she can return to the court as soon as possible. Human is the most ungrateful creatures in this world.

She sits upright, looking around her house. She left the orphanage right after her graduation and back to her parent's house. Everything about the house reminded her of her mom. Every day she bears the pain of longing for someone who is no longer in the world. That's why, she spends almost her time in the court. She only comes home when it's midnight and wake up early in the dawn to go training. Because, it's not home when no one's home. Thanks to the huge prize money she collected every time she wins a tournament, she's able to buy a studio house miles away from her hometown and thinking of never coming back there again. Why the studio house? Well because she's all alone. What's the use of buying house with rooms when she's the only one who lives there? She decides to get some fresh air to distract herself.

The weather is getting colder and more windy. The autumn has dressed herself for the coming season. A perfect season for hugs, of evening with warm drinks and warmer smiles. She can't remember when was her last time strolling upon the street in peace without the urgency to go training. People walking, talking, holding hands and in linked arm— the street becomes a visual hug to her imagination. She takes a rest on a park bench.

"So, how does it feels to breathe to fresh air after smelling only your sweats this past few years?"

On her left is a girl. Her hair is a little bit messy and her breath is a little bit heave. She wipes her sweat on the jawline with her hand. Did she being chased or what?

"Sorry?" She leaned against the handle to face the girl.

"But you might want to put your hair in a bun or something. It's breezy out today." The gentle breeze caressed her black hair to her cheek.