Chapter 2 'The Mystery of the Haunted Mansion'

"Well, now what" -asked Ranhilde as she contemplated the big room "The truth is that there is something strange about this thing of spirits and ghosts"

"Maybe yes, but we have nothing left to guide us from that" -Takane replied while he directed his gaze to Leah "So little witch, what are you going to do first"

"First I must investigate the environment to see if I detect a spirit and see if it does not perceive us as hostile, if the spirit or ghost is not hostile, the work is normally simple" -explained Leah "But if it is, the appropriate thing would be to exorcise it with holy water and your weapons which I must prepare so that they can harm spirits or ghosts"

"Sounds like a scam" -Takane automatically refuted, directing Leah a distrustful look while she held her katana as if it were a relative, although Leah already imagined that she would answer something like that

"Takane, don't be like that and give her your katana you know normal weapons don't hurt spirits or ghosts , you even know that demons have resistance to ordinary steel" - Ranhilde scolded her "How long will the process take, Leah-chan?"

"With your mace, Takane-san's katana and some of Kurone-chan's kunais I think 40 minutes" -Leah calculated "The weapons will then be able to damage creatures of a magical nature and will even be resistant to magic for up to 24 hours"

"40 minutes unarmed doesn't sound good but we have no choice" -concluded Ranhilde as she carried her huge mace towards Leah "Takane, don't make this difficult"

Meanwhile Takane was on the side embracing her katana in such a way that she looked like an older sister preventing her little sister from being taken away, but Ranhilde seemed to be used to the situation.

"Come on, I know you feel helpless without it, but it won't be useful if Leah doesn't maintain it properly" -Ranhilde said in a calm tone "You know I feel the same way about my mace, but I still had to give it to her, come on..."

Takane then did something that Leah never imagined that she would see her remove her katana from her sheath and give it to Leah, it was the first time that Leah had seen her without her katana, this perhaps showed how much she respected the leader her.

"Don't worry Takane-san I promise you..."

"If you do anything to her or change anything, I swear you'll regret it, witch" -Takane warned her with a tone cold, making Leah's skin stand on end with fear for that threat "Well then, while Leah-chan prepares our weapons, we have to take advantage of the time and explore the mansion" -proposed Ranhilde "¡Kurone!"

"Yes, captain" -Kurone answer making a military salute, apparently, she had not forgotten the ultimatum they had given her a moment ago

"Start exploring the entire mansion as quickly as you can, avoid any danger and keep your distance if you see something strange or feel something dangerous and come back in 40 minutes even if you haven't finished the reconnaissance" -ordered Ranhilde "AND DON'T STEAL ANYTHING AND DO NOT LOOK FOR ANYTHING ELSE, JUST DO RECONNAISSANCE, DID YOU UNDERSTAND?"

"Yes captain" -Kurone answered as if she were some kind of trained soldier and in a few seconds she jumped towards the wall to propel himself towards the central chandelier and start moving through the shadows of the upper part of the mansion that were the darkest areas in a mansion that already had lighting problems, the great room was barely illuminated by the afternoon light and the lights of some chandeliers.