Chapter 8: After

After the last song played, we said goodbye to everyone. After that, we got into my little car and drove her home. On the ride there, I could tell she was thinking about something.

"What are you thinking about?" I said.

She looked at me, "Ummm. Just you.." She said. I obviously interrupted her thoughts.

I smirked at her for a second, then put my eyes back on the road. " What about me?" I asked

"Your lips.. o-on mine." She slurred a little.

I smiled at her. "Liz, I want to tell you something. It's very important."

"Okay." She said, looking determined.

"I love you." I said. Her eyes widened a little.

"I-I love you too, Daniel." She said.

We arrived at her house once we finished talking. I got out and went to her door. I opened it for her. The I got in the back seat and grabbed her flowers, and handed them to her. I walked her to her doorstep and took her hand, and kissed it. Then I kissed her lips. Her soft lips brushing against mine gave me chills, down my spine.

"I'll see you Monday, I guess." I said.

"I'm gonna miss you. I mean, it's only two days, but it's a long time to be away from you." She said.

"I know baby. I know. I'm going to miss you too." I said. I gave her one last kiss for over the weekend. Then I headed towards my car. I got in. She was still standing on the porch, leaning against the railing. I blew her a kiss with my hand. Then drove off.

Once I got home, I changed and sat in my bed. I sat with the TV on. Although, I didn't watch it. My thoughts were too distracting. Liz, she was on my mind. I had to talk to her. I got my cell phone and called her.

Once she picked up, I heard her beautiful ,sleepy voice. "Hello?"

"Hey, gorgeous." I said.

"Hi. Umm. What do you need?" She asked. I heard her chuckle.

"I needed to hear your voice before I go to sleep." I said.

"Oh. Well okay." She said.

"Okay. I'm going to sleep my beautiful princess." I said.

"Okay. Goodnight, handsome. I had a great time tonight. I can't stop thinking about our kiss." She said. Then I didn't want to hang up.

"Me either. I've been thinking about it all night." I replied.

"Hehe. Well goodnight." She said. I loved her voice.

"Goodnight... I love you." I said.

"I love you too." Liz said. Then she hung up.

I couldn't stop thinking about her. She is just so beautiful. I thought about her until I fell asleep.