Catching Up

*Bellatrix's POV*

I'm laying on the couch when I hear the doors click open. I'm not sure how much time has passed, but I'm partially conscious again.

I'm still asleep but I can hear everything going on around me. A restless form of unconsciousness I had trained to sleep in constantly so I could remain alert while still asleep.

I could hear Jorge's desk chair creek and the sound of shifting fabric, probably coming from the other couch.

I know where Brenda and Jorge are.

Judging by the laboured breathing, the heavy footsteps, and the strange shuffle of this persons walk. Not to mention that they didn't knock before entering.

Barkley has entered the room.

My guard went up immediately, and I woke up completely, though I remained unmoving. I want him to believe I am still asleep. I steady my breathing, keeping each breath even, and deep.

The footsteps stop a few feet away from the couch. I can hear Brenda shifting uncomfortably and Jorge sigh.

"What do you want Barkley?" Jorge asked, his voice low, and laced with disinterest.

Barkley scoffed a laugh, "Her." He replied.

I could feel his eyes on me, scanning my body. It made my stomach turn and my skin feel dirty.

Before anyone could say anything Barkley continued. "But, I know I can't have her unless I pay." I could hear the condisending smirk in his voice. He inhaled a sharp, deep breath, "So, what is she here for? What does she want?" He asked.

"I don't believe that's any of your concern, hermono." Jorge stated bluntly. I could hear that he stood up from his chair as it skid across the floor. His boots tapping on the floor as he approached Barkley.

The sound of shifting clothes came from where Barkley stood and his breathes quickened.

"I just wanted to know if she was here to stay or if she'd be leaving again." Barkley stated nervously as he shuffled closer to where I was laying.

"Barkley-" Jorge tried to warn but he was cut off.

"He said it's none of your damn business." I stated, my voice monotone and devoid of emotion. I opened my eyes as I spoke to see Barkley leaning over me, one hand held out, a few inches from my face.

"Touch me," I glanced at his hand that seemed to be frozen in air. "and you'll lose your hand." I warned, my voice cold and stern. Returning my eyes to meet his as I spoke, earning a look of horror from the man above me.

"Now get the hell off me before you hurt yourself Barkley." I hissed, narrowing my eyes at the man I just taunted.

Barkley's jaw clenched as he stood up straight with a huff, taking a few steps back. His hands level with his shoulders in submission and defense.

I sat up as he backed away, keeping my gaze trained on Barkley. I stared him down with a disgusted and annoyed look on my face. He stood there uncomfortably just a few feet away.

I threw my legs over the side of the couch and stood up. I raised an eyebrow at the man who was standing in front of me, a couple feet outside of arms reach.

"Well?" I asked coldly.

Barkley glanced back and forth between the three of us in the room.

"You know I don't like repeating myself Barkley." I hissed, tilting my head slightly. "And the years have not made me kinder." I stated, my voice still cold and devoid of emotion.