XIX. The Nomu (Part 2)

I'm back.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to tell you guys something. 

In this chapter, specifically, I have tried put the dialogue after the "-".

I want to ask if that is okay. Or should I return to quoting the dialogue.

I would appeciate any answers. Thanks

-------------------------------------------

(4:30 P.M)

Hawk flew swiftly through the sky like an eagle showing dominance to the below. However, that wasn't his intention.

He then landed in an alley, where he saw the current number 1 hero, Endeavor, sitting on debris and checking himself.

"What happened?"

"I didn't account for how strong the Nomu was. Even the shield can barely stop its attacks."

He then held his head.

And its limbs have some kinds of anesthetics, making me faint.

The man then stood up. And if observing closely, there were some kinds of energy shield outline on his suit.

A crack appeared at where the Nomu stroke earlier.

Seeing that he was ready, Endeavor said:

"Lead the way!" He said to Hawk, knowing that things won't go well while he was taking a forceful nap.

Hawk flew up. Then, he rushed in a direction slow enough for Endeavor to follow behind.

"What happened?" Observing some buildings having some severe damage, Endeavor asked while keeping the speed.

The Nomu questionably keeps pursuing Aizawa's students.

Hawk answered as he stopped upon a newly destroyed building.

"There they are."

.

(4:22 P.M)

(Back to Mono)

Mono stood in front of the flying Nomu without fear, it seemed.

"WHAT AM I DOING?"

Mono thought to himself, slightly regretting his decisions.

"Why am I even trying to fight this monster by myself? I could just go and hide with Six."

However, his instinct made him feel otherwise. And that if he did go with Six, something worse would happen.

Regardless of that, he had another concern now. He had to survive the monster's assault. The boy could see it staring and strangely not rushing to kill him.

Then, Mono noticed that his vision was broader. He didn't have his mask on.

"Wait! Does it recognize me?"

Just as Mono thought about that, the Nomu suddenly dashed towards him. He then quickly used his power to release a shockwave. At first, it stopped in the air, which surprised the boy.

However, that moment lasted short as the Nomu drastically dashed towards him again. It then opened its jaws, revealing countless razor-sharp teeth.

Mono tried to use his power in panic when something suddenly pulled his legs just as his face was inches away from his demise.

Mono's face barely dodged the devasting crash.

*CRASH!*

The ground shook. The Nomu then released a shockwave that broke every surrounding window.