5: Grief

23rd June 2022

George was in his room with all his lights off, phone close to his face trying to monitor every little thing waiting for something but it never came. Soon hours passed and it was past midnight.

24th June 2022

It was around 4 and George had given up on waiting for the little thing from Dream's side and was trying to sleep by changing positions trying many weird poses to find the perfect one which could put him to sleep but it all felt like a waste of time but suddenly a ring filled in the room. A discord call ring.

It didn't even last a second before dyeing out and letting the silence take over again but it was not able to hide from George's ears who heard it and recognized it properly.

He immediately shuffled over to his phone and gripped it tightly, unlocking it and scrolling through discord in a hurry.

He hastily clicked on the call option in Dream's chat crossing his fingers hoping Dream would pick up the call able to sense something is wrong with him.

'Come on come on come on Dream pick up' He whispered to himself as he just kept on staring at his phone waiting for the Floridan to pick up the call but now all the other did was decline his call continuously making George go berserk and place even more calls wanting to hear the Floridan's voice after a long time.

After somewhat 10 tries George's overthinking started to fuel up.

'Why is he not picking it up? Why is he avoiding to call me? I know that he prefers calls over texts then why is he avoiding a call now? Is he okay? Is he...perhaps crying? If yes then why? Did anyone hurt him? What happened?' And this started the circle of overthinking, leading him into the worst scenarios that can ever happen which slowly made the overthinking grow into anxiety, making George feel the need to listen to the Floridan's voice to calm down.

He tried for a long time, ignoring Dream's messages which said 'can't talk now' and 'called you by mistake pls I cant pick up the call now'.

After some more tries George stopped calling Dream getting hit by a sudden wave of sadness which was cause by his overthinking....

'Why is he avoiding a call? Did I do something wrong? What happened?....' A endless loop of depressing thoughts which were just a part of his overthinking started to go around George's brain making the sound of the Dirty blond Floridan's voice a urgency.

A sudden wave of strong anxiety hit George making him overwhelmed, his vision blurry because of tears, his hands shaking as he tried to type, 'I need to hear you' but instead his shaky hands spelled the whole thing entirely wrong making it difficult for Dream to understand.

George didn't understand what was happening, he had never been this overwhelmed before just because he missed his friend who was not able to pick up his call...It had never happened before. A part of George which was grow attached towards Dream was weaving a thread of intrusive thoughts about Dream out of concern because of his problem with overthinking. But he was still not completely sure why this was so sudden and strong...He had never ever cried just because Dream was not able to pick up his call... He knew something was wrong.

'Plz cal' Was all his shaky hands could type in a understandable language. There was a long pause between the numbers but after a minute or two a ring filled the room making George smile as he wiped his tears away so that he could make sure it was Dream which it indeed was!

He nervously let out a laugh before a small cough to make it less noticeable that he had gotten so overwhelmed but he knew that it was of no use as Dream was the only one who was able to see through him as if he was transparent but to the whole world including his mother, George was as dense as a forest.