6. Savannah's Bow Gets Torched

The next day started off seriously peaceful. No food fights at breakfast. No random, insane, probably idiotic, not-in-their-right-mind demigods (aka US!) running around. No mean girls in my sight. Aka, I hadn't seen Brooke. Or any of her friends. If that's what to call them. Siblings? They didn't behave like that. Acquaintances! That's what.

"Today's peaceful for a change." Savannah, Hannah, Evie and I were walking around camp.

Today, Evie was wearing a super-cute sky-blue top with pink shorts. I made a mental note to ask her for fashion advice.

"That's a first." Evie exclaimed. "I've been here the longest, too."

"Did Brooke die?" Hannah asked. I could sense the hope in her voice. I half-hoped it was true, too.

"Hannah!" Savannah exclaimed. "No! The whole Ares cabin would be picking fights with people if that happened. Brooke is their QUEEN. Literally. I swear there is a crown for her. A crown made of weapons."

"Then what did happen?" I asked. "Did Brooke get-"

I was interrupted by a roar. "We just had to say something. We just had to. I think it's a dragon. How about you guys?"

"Dragon." they all replied in unison.

Savannah ran up to the front line. We followed her, and I could sense my heart beating. I was scared to death of this. But that didn't change the fact that I was loving it!

We saw a huge dragon- bigger then Peleus, our guard dragon- near the camp. I stopped dead in my tracks. I had to fight THAT?! Oh gods help me. It was huge! Like seriously! And it was real and alive! DEAR ZEUS HEL-

"THAT'S A REAL LIVE DRAGON!!!! AHHHH!" Evie screamed, interrupting my train of thought.

"Thank you, Captain Duh!" Savannah exclaimed.

"Hey!" Evie muttered.

"Look!" I pointed at Brooke. "We gotta help!"

"Even if she's Furies bum which got trampled by ten million Pegasi and peed on by Medusa?" Hannah asked. I rolled my eyes.

"You are so immature sometimes," Savannah sighed. "Hannah. Really?"

"The point is that we have to help!" I snapped.

"BUT... IT'S SO... BIG!" Evie protested. "AHH!"

"Evie. Get Blackjack!" I ordered. I remembered stuffing Riptide in my jacket yesterday, but I didn't have it. I reached into my shorts' pockets instead. Yes! Score! I had found it!

I uncapped it, and Riptide came out. It was so beautiful. Then, I felt a warm nose by my ear and spun around. It was Blackjack. My favorite pegasus!

"Blackjack!" Campers stared in awe. I heard murmurs like, is it really him? Is Emily Jackson real?

"WHAT DO WE DO?!?" I heard someone scream.

"SOMEONE I-M PERCY!!" Someone else replied.

"Black-jack- not in- stable," Evie ran back, obviously out of breath.

"Aren't you a loyal boy?" I smiled at Blackjack."

He just nodded.

"IRIS GODDESS OF THE RAINBOW PLEASE ACCEPT THIS OFFERING!" A girl camper screamed. "PERCY JACKSON PLEASE!"

I noticed the girl was holding a mirror. She was smart. And chicken. She was pretty, so she was probably an Aphrodite kid.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"I'm Lena," the girl answered.

"Where's Emily?" my mom asked. She sounded frantic.

I ran up besides Brooke. "Dragon attack day! Where's Peleus?"