12. My Mom Crashes the Party

We actually organized a good party.

Everyone spread the word about the quest and according to Evie, the "legendary daughter of Percy Jackson, who, just happens to be one of my best friends" was going on a quest with her to "find the mysterious rebels." She was also "going to become the next person in the Percy Jackson legacy."

A few of Evie's siblings did the decorations along with the Hermes cabin. It ended up looking really pretty! The Demeter cabin made the food- all vegetarian!

Savannah and her half-siblings grabbed their iPods and amplifiers. They controlled the music. Of course, they all probably had everything from Journey to Taylor Swift to Laura Bell Bundy.

Evie and her siblings let people borrow their makeup and hairbrushes. They also gave people advice what to wear. Evie let me borrow her sea-blue dress. I never knew when I would need Riptide, so Evie let me borrow a purse and I dropped Riptide inside. I left my shorts on, as did most girls.

"This is fun!" I walked over to Savannah. She wasn't doing the tunes now, her half-sister Payton was. I remembered Payton. She tried to get us to sing that stupid parody.

"I know, right?!" Savannah and I smiled.

Then Blank Space by Taylor Swift came on and everyone screamed- Evie louder than others. "I love this song!

"Remember we sang this in that boat?" Hannah asked.

"You were so off-tune! We all were!" Savannah exclaimed.

"Man, I love this party." I smiled.

A car drove up. Payton stopped playing her tunes. I could see a blonde woman with curly hair get out. Annabeth- my mom.

"Hide!" I hissed. "I swear she's going to take me home!"

I jumped into a bush. The girls followed. Luckily, it was a very big bush.

"Looks like someone found out that someone else got shot," Savannah whispered.

"Excuse me for crashing your party." My mom walked up to a camper. "Do you know where either Emily Jackson or Percy Jackson is?"

"Um, Percy's in the infirmary," the camper replied. "I haven't seen Emily."

My mom took off towards the infirmary. The music resumed. I climbed of of the bush with leaves in my hair and dress.

"Sorry about the dress, Evie." I looked down and pulled the leaves off one by one.

Evie waved her hand dismissively. "Keep it. It looks better on you then me. My color is yellow."

"Really? Thanks!" I smiled. "It's a beautiful dress."

"Blue is totally your color." Savannah slapped me on the back. "My color's red!"

"My color's teal," Hannah added. "According to Evie."

"You also look good in sea green. Remember the trip?" Evie looked like she was deep in thought.

"Enough about clothes! Let's party!" Savannah grabbed us all and we spun in circles.

"EMILY JACKSON!" Uh-oh. My mom.

A record scratched and I raised my hand. "Here, mom? Hi?"

"You're going on a QUEST?!" she hissed. "You're barely twelve years old! I can't believe you! You're not going."

"What?!" All of the camp gasped.

"But she's got to!" someone screamed.

"You could die!" my mom snapped.