Chapter 5 - At The House (Part 2)

Lissabeth

I was still lost in my memories of my first human kill, how it felt, to betray his memory, how it tasted like heaven and hell together, how it looked so terrible and appetising at the same time. How I drank like I was starving, like a newborn, and then was so ashamed at myself that I forced myself to throw it up afterwards. I thought I could just go back to living off animals, but the blood, it was so enticing... I caved. I caved and killed again. I took another innocent human life for my benefit. Mine. Worthless creature that I was. I could not resist. It was like the most addictive drug, and, like many who take drugs, I fell into a canyon of self hate. I would have found some way to end my miserable existence, but I just really couldn't be bothered. So I continued existing. I did not live, because that would have involved being present in your own body, and doing things for a reason. I did neither of these things. I merely existed on the fringes of a world who barely even knew I was there, who payed about as much attention to me as I payed to my surroundings, whether they be desert or forest, rain or shine, city or plain.

I was still stuck in these thoughts of the years after I woke up, which is probably why I didn't smell it until I was right on their doorstep.

Him.

My body rejected it, coughed it up, denied it, then, when the cold, shock-coated knowledge was stubbornly rooted deep in my gut, wondered at it. How was this even possible? My hand, having just knocked on the door, was snatched back by my other one to hold it close to my chest. My excellent hearing strained, just caught the quiet click of the door handle being turned. I stared, wide-eyed at the door, my body frozen. Then, slowly, it opened.

The boy who stood there was beautiful. Almost as beautiful as him. He looked at me, his brow slightly creased. His eyes traveled around my face, coming to a stop on my eyes. As he looked at them, his own widened. I wasn't sure what he found there that was so fascinating. I had never looked in a mirror before. As I breathed in, I caught his scent. This was the same boy whose scent had been in the meadow. At that moment I noticed his eyes, and they shocked me to the core. They were golden, pure liquid amber. So he had found more, more like him, had he? More that were willing to follow his lead in vampire "vegetarianism". With a shock, I realised that I had been replaced. My heart broke cleanly in half - I could feel it lying in two pieces inside my ribcage. The pain - the pain was unbearable. I could barely hold myself together. My body shuddered as I began to lose control for the first time in 50 years. Tears threatened to spill down my cheeks, but I held on, dangling from a high wire by my fingertips. I wrenched my legs into action. I had to get away from here. I had to think. I ran as fast as I could toward the forest, toward my meadow. Funny, I thought to myself. I've spent all this time missing him, and now when I've found him, I'm running away.

Hi guys! I'm so so sorry I haven't updated in ages, but I've had school, and homework, and school, and family commitments, and school... Anyway, I know that if anyone's reading this and they actually like it, they really don't want to hear my lame excuses, they just want me to keep writing. So, that's what I'm going to do, imma go keep writing more, mainly cos I feel like it. I love writing this story.
Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!