Chapter 43

At the time of the night, Avneil were standing by hugging each other. Neil's eyes were closed. He opened his eyes and thinks. Avneil broke the hug and Avni looked at Neil who was looking down. Avni cups Neil's face.

Avni: I am sorry, Neil. It is my mistake. I should not wear this dress.

Neil shook his head. He gulps.

Neil: no, I am sorry, I overreacted. I shouldn't shout at you. Instead of shouting at you, I should have grabbed their collar and beat them.

Avni: I should not wear this dress. The hooks were loose and were not closing. It was opening again and again.

Neil: then why did you wear it?

Avni looked at him. She took her hand back and looked down.

Avni: I, I did that to match your level.

Neil got angry.

Neil: and what is my level? What did you think that your level will be raised when you will wear this dress. Do you have any idea if I did not see you then what would have happened? Your dress will...

Neil stopped and Avni squeezed her eyes. Neil looked at Avni. He closed his eyes and clenched his fist to control his arm. Avni opened her eyes she looked at Neil.

Neil said while controlling him: look, Avni, your level is not less than mine. You don't need to prove yourself. You, yourself are an inspiration for others. I admit that I said harsh words in the past but I also apologised to you for that.

Avni looked down.

Avni: I am sorry, don't know what had happened to me.

Neil: It's ok, be careful next time.

Avni nods.

Neil was about to go but Avni comes in his way.

Avni: please don't make any scene downstairs. Our families, your friends and colleagues are there please don't do anything that spoils their mood and will create a problem for you.

Neil nods.

Neil in mind: I will not do anything right now but I will not leave them. They did a grave mistake by looking at you with dirty eyes and they have to pay for that.

Neil thinks. Neil looked at Avni who was looking at him.

Avni: let’s go before anyone notices our absence.

Neil did not say anything, he was looking at her. Avni turns to go but Neil holds Avni's hand and she stopped. Avni was shocked. She did not turn to him. Neil came to her and covers her with the coat. Avni looked at her shoulders then Neil turns her to him. Avni looked at Neil but she couldn't match eyes with him as Neil was looking at her lovingly. Neil keeps his finger at Avni's chin and makes her face up and he kissed her forehead. Neil holds Avni's hand and took her to the dressing table. Neil goes to Avni's back who was looking down. Avni closed her eyes when Neil touched her hair. Neil opened Avni's hair but still, her hair was pinned properly. Neil one by one took off the pins and looked at Avni. He opened Avni's hair with his hand. Neil holds Avni's arms and keeps his chin at Avni's shoulder.

Neil: look at you, Avni, how beautiful you are looking.

Avni didn't dare to look up.

Neil: now you are looking like my Avni who is innocent, cute and beautiful. She is beautiful and she doesn't need to show that to anyone.

Neil whispered in Avni's ear: except her husband.

Avni blushed. Neil smiled. He looked at Avni in the mirror.