Trial

"You really think we have a chance?" Keigo nervously asked Endeavor. 

"It's risky. But I trust Takahashi. He's one of the best lawyers around, not to mention the amount of evidence we have. He will be serving time, but not life and I don't forsee it being longer than a year." 

"A year? He'd miss the birth." Keigo looked devastated. 

"There's always the chance of early release with good behavior." Endeavor reassured him, "We'll do what we can to get him the least possible sentence." 

"Is the commission on our side?" Keigo asked. 

"Yes, Dr. Ida will present his findings on Touya's past. This will potentially jeopardize my reputation, but its a sacrafice im willing to make. Payment for my own past sins." Endeavor sounded sad, but confident. 

"What about the part where we're mated and I'm carrying his pup?" Keigo questioned. Endeavor nodded, 

"That will raise some eyebrows too. But it may work in our favor, people are more sensitive when children are involved." 

The case would take place next week. The judge wanted a trial immediately upon hearing the commissions case. Touya would remain in custody until further notice. Keigo sat alone in their apartment, saddened that his mate wouldnt be with him for a whole week. Maybe longer if the trial didn't go well, 

No stop. Don't think like that, it'll be okay. It's going to work out. 

The week of the trial snuck up on everyone quick. Keigo met up with the rest of the Todoroki family, Takahashi and Dr. Ida. 

"Our case is strong, I will refrain from specific details however. We don't want to disclose to much and end up with hundreds of questions. I must warn you as well that this going to court has raised quite the stir up in the city. The press will be every where around the court house. Do not say anything, remain composed. Especially once all is said and done. Leave the explaining to me." Takahashi explained. 

Everyone nodded and they proceeded to get into the limo and ride to the courthouse. Keigo touched his still flat stomach, but knowing his pup was inside. 

This is for you. 

Keigo and Endeavor walked into the court room. The anxiety making Keigo want to throw up, he tried to maintain his composure. 

The judge spoke, "Defendants of Touya Todoroki to the stand." 

Takahashi bowed, "Thank you, your honor." 

"Touya Todoroki is the son of the number one hero Endeavor. His family thought he had died in a tragic house fire 15 years ago. To their surprise, during the attack of Shigaraki Tomura on the UA students, Endeavor was faced with his thought-to-be dead son. He was full of rage, and as we all know, he had been commiting violent and brutal crimes across the city before this. When Touya revealed his identity during the war, Endeavor and now alumni Shoto Todoroki, managed to capture and seize him. With the help of Shota Aizawa, they supressed his quirk long enough to give him a sedative. Touya had seemed to be experiencing some sort of psychosis. He was brought to Dr. Ida and the commission for psychoanalysis. During the analysis, it was found that there was a nomu like chip inserted into his head. Upon surgical removal and evaluation of this device, it was found to be a mind control device created by Shigaraki. Due to the scar tissue surrounding the chip, it was determined that this device had been inside of Touya's head for well over 6 years. This lines up with the time frame in which his serious villainy began. Confirming that he was being controlled by Shigaraki for the duration of his evil attacks. 

Moreover, once Touya had recovered from the removal of the chip, he was sent back to Dr. Ida for further examination. Dr. Ida confirmed that there was a significant amount of childhood trauma and surpressed memories. Touya was diagnosed with paranoia and given medication to assist in his therapeutic treatment. Over the span of the last 4 years, the commission has recruited Hawks to monitor the rehabilitation of Touya, and he has made significant improvements. He no longer has outbursts, he has maintained taking a quirk suppressant for over three years, and has even settled down. Now as much of a shock as this may be to the jury, it is to be noted that the Pro hero Hawks has indeed chosen Touya as his mate, and recently they have discovered they are expecting. We are bringing this undercover operation to your attention now that we feel that our villian rehabilitation has been a success, more so allowing this an option to those involved in villainy due to quirk controls or trauma. The rehabilitation and reitegration to society is much more effective than keeping criminals locked up. Of course, this will depend heavily on the circumstances of every villain we bring in. 

This is all not to avoid sentencing, a price must be paid for crimes. However, it is for a lesser sentence when needed and for special cases who have been successful in the rehabilitation program. We hope you consider all of the evidence presented, along with Dr. Ida's notes and years of psychoanalysis on Mr. Todoroki, when you decide on a sentence for his crimes. 

Thank you. 

And thank you, your honor." 

Takahashi bowed again as he returned to his seat next to Touya. 

"We will dismiss for lunch, do not discuss the case with each other. We will resume at the top of the hour." The judge spoke. Almost instantly the whispers and looks could be felt and heard by both Endeavor and Keigo. 

"You think we're going to lose our jobs?" Keigo asked smirking up at Endeavor. 

"Don't look so smug about it. This is serious... but theres a chance." Endeavor looked straight ahead at the back of his son's head. Touya was up front still sitting with his defense team. 

Anxiety was wracking his body too and if it werent for the scent blockers everyone was obviously wearing, the whole court room wouldve been unbearable to be in. 

"What's going to happen next?" Touya asked Takahashi. 

"Dr. Ida will present the findings of your psychoanalysis over the last three years, the improvments and the diagnoses. He will also state that he believes you should remain on quirk supressants indefinitely and if there is a breach it will result in automatic sentencing to life." 

"That's kind of harsh." Touya said with more atttiude than he intended. 

"Listen, the community needs to feel safe with you being reintegrated. Knowing your quirk is powerful enough to incinerate a whole building and everything inside is not going to do that. But knowing you're on a suppressant indefinitely will bring peace to their minds. They might actually consider you part of society again." Takahashi explained further. 

Touya nodded. He understood, he had done some haineous crimes with his quirk. It would be better if they could just take it in totality. 

And they could, but no one knew that yet, except the jury.