Prologue|『𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 7』𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

Chapter 7
The promise of death

				Present					 •••	"Well, Amelia? Are you there? Will you continue the love story or not?" Aurora asked in a bored tone as she sighed in exasperation

Present
•••
"Well, Amelia? Are you there? Will you continue the love story or not?" Aurora asked in a bored tone as she sighed in exasperation. They had been through hell this past month. But that is a story to be told another time. "Yeah, yeah. I hear you. Well, why don't you ask him yourself when we get out then?" Aurora scoffed, rolling her eyes, she brought out of the back pocket of her black jeans cigarettes, took one out, placed it between her pink lips, and lit it up. "No, ma'am, no need. I have no intention of meeting your husband, thank you." Amelia was getting more and more amused with the girl in front of her.

"Also, look at you. Lying there on the bed, a bullet has just gone through your thigh. Shouldn't you be sleeping or something?" Aurora asked, annoyed. "You are such a sweet girl, my Aurora." Amelia smiled at the young woman, "What can I say, I try my best, hm." They both laughed at that and then Aurora went by the bed and gently placed a blanket over Amelia.

The shed that they lived in was barely holding up and Aurora was scared Amelia would get a cold, but after a month, Amelia was healed, it was Aurora who was overreacting this time, after all, Amelia is a doctor, she knew better. It was time Aurora went to the ring now. Every night she went there with Amelia, but her injury had gotten worse so she had to stay in. Aurora fought in that ring to death, they put her with a bunch of people who had to fight for rich men's entertainment, how do we call it, a dog fight, but with actual humans? Aurora is already injured but she had to go, or else the people here would hurt both her and Amelia. Except that, Aurora was asking around for escape routes and searching by herself, many times she was caught but she has gotten away with it with more fights.

A week later

•••

"Amelia, Amelia woke up. We are leaving." Aurora was pacing the room, gathering the guns and equipment that she needed. Amelia slowly opened her beautiful brown eyes and took a look at the young woman. She was wearing high-waist shorts that hugged her upper thighs like silk and a black leather tank that showed off the bridge of her breasts. Her waist was hanging tight with a leather black belt that had dual pistols, daggers, and sharp equipment on it. In her back leather pockets were two desert eagle, long-ranged guns.

"What is going on, honey?" Amelia rubbed her eyes confused. Aurora stopped in the middle of the room when she heard her voice. The fire was the only light-emitting in the room, except for the sun that came through the windows. The sky was clear of clouds today, it was early morning. "What is going on, Aurora?"

"We are leaving today," Aurora said once more. "How?-" Amelia did not get to finish her obvious question, "I made a plan, I am getting you out. We stayed too many days in here anyway." Aurora sighed, "Aurora." Amelia started talking as she walked toward Aurora. "Promise me that you will get out alive with me." Aurora slowly turned her head towards the older woman, her eyes glimmering in the dim light. "The clothes you should wear are in the bathroom, when you come out, I'll show you how to use a gun, okay?" Amelia shook her head in fear as she nodded and walked slowly toward the small bathroom. Aurora continued getting ready. She opened the case to check on her customized sniper rifle. She once more checked for enough bullets and when she made sure she was okay, she sat down on the sofa, waiting for Amelia.